• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
McDude

Door Pins

McDude

Like many on here, I suffer from a sloppy hole - a sloppy door pin hole that is.

Having done a search I saw a handy little bodge where someone (sorry I cna't remember who it was to credit them) had made a bush out of a bit of thin sheet steel (an SMA can if I recall!!!). I might try this as I have fairly new pins, but the door still sags.

My question is: how do the actual pins come out? Are they an interference fit? Or is there a hidden grub screww? or??? Just tap them out with a hammer?

Any other fixes would be welcomed.

welshpug

early pins are just a roll pin that you knock out, late pins are threaded with a torx head.

McDude

Thanks Dude.

I have little plastic end caps on mine - I'll prise them off and see if they have anything underneath. If not I'll get out the Birmingham Screwdriver.

welshpug

plastic caps would be the early type that's a roll pin :)

djinuk

how exactly do you use the sleeve btw ?, do you just glue it around the inside of the hole ?.

McDude
how exactly do you use the sleeve btw ?, do you just glue it around the inside of the hole ?.

Good question fella - truth is I don't know. I'm going to try and bodge it by making my own bush. I'm thinking that it will hold in place as it really has nowhere to go.

djinuk

hmm, maybe stew at baker bm could machine up some sleeves for the 205's so taht we can drill out the hinges to a large dia , and then we can use a sleeve to bring it back to the perfect size.

Simes

You can put new pins in or drill out and use a larger bolt.

There is actually a widely available special tool to remove the roller pin type.