• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pablo

Q Drive Driveshafts From Ecp?

pablo

are they any good? 1.9 gti ones.

cheers

jerseypug

i fitted one and it destroyed the wheel bearing straight away. i would keep well away from them. the ends are the wrong shape where they fit against the bearing.

Retro Pug

Yeah I bought these, complete waste of money.

pablo

there are two types tho, ABS and non ABS. Cant be that bad can they?

I ended up ordering one from ECP yesterday (before I saw the above posts) and its in this morning. GSF dont have any and none of the motorfactors have any so Im kinda stuck. Ive the hub in the boot however to see how well it fits. If its not 100% snug I guess its scrap?

pablo

GRRR why did I have to muller my old one.

There was grease all round the inner boot which looked like it had split. so i removed the driveshaft and popped the boot at the large end. Then the bearings on the three arms fell off which was alright. But there were loads of little pins around each of the 3 arms that also fell off. If I could replace those I could bolt it back up and stick it back in but I guess you cant get those again?

Fox

Sorry to dig up an old post, but has anyone checked these recently? They seem sill cheap...

kenp

I need a new o/s shaft for the gf's GTi - bad knocking, juddering with power on after a flick left/right/left through a roundabout.

Since Q-Drive seem to have a bad rep, are there any decent shafts out there at the moment?

Edited by kenp

Sign in to follow this