• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Broken Clock Plus Ebay Boredom.....

johnnyboy666

equals:post-9599-1252343473_thumb.jpg

with a long wire with the sender bit going to the engine bay :)

p.s hope the pic works!?

Atari Boy

Love it! Great idea, do you have any more infomation on parts or how you fitted it?

one-lady-owner

Nicely done!

It's not reading ambient temperature though surely! It wasn't that warm today!!

pugpete1108
Nicely done!

It's not reading ambient temperature though surely! It wasn't that warm today!!

i dunno about that, its was 28 round my way,typical really as its my first day back at work :)

johnnyboy666

the photo was taken a few weeks ago lol

the thermometer was from ebay, just search 'digital lcd thermometer' and you should be able to find a similar one.

cost about £6 in total i think .

removal off old clock consisted of me not being arsed with taking the dash bits off so just wedge a fat screwdriver down the side and prized it out (it was already broken so wasnt too bothered) gave the surrounding dash bit a little trim with a stanley knife and popped the bugger in. fiddle around with the wire to wherever you want to take a temp reading and robert is your fathers brother :)

yorkshirekowboy
the photo was taken a few weeks ago lol

the thermometer was from ebay, just search 'digital lcd thermometer' and you should be able to find a similar one.

cost about £6 in total i think .

removal off old clock consisted of me not being arsed with taking the dash bits off so just wedge a fat screwdriver down the side and prized it out (it was already broken so wasnt too bothered) gave the surrounding dash bit a little trim with a stanley knife and popped the bugger in. fiddle around with the wire to wherever you want to take a temp reading and robert is your fathers brother :)

where did you place your wire near? surly it will be a false reading if its in the engine bay?? great idea

johnnyboy666

well not if i want to find out the engine bay temp lol. the wire was about a metre or so i think so you could put it anywhere really, just dont stick it behind the cd player cos it gets mighty warm back there as i noticed when doing a trial fit!

philfingers

nice. I have an RS one (as is RS components, not RS Ford!) which i will get aroudn to fitting at some stage. £6 is cheap enough tho!