• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Slight Hold Back With New Head Fitted

jerseypug
I tell you what peeps im getting damn excited about the Hillclimb this weekend, i have perfect Ignition Timing for the first time on this engine, brand new better suited (bigger) carb jets to compliment the new flowed head and the new Colortune to set the mixture right on the mark!!

Oh and i only found out the other day that i am the FASTEST FRONT WHEEL DRIVE car/driver to compete in our Hillclimb, how good is that, my competition can stick his 440bhp Full Race M3 EVO, ill keep my 205 any day!! :blush:

i am coming over to Guernsey tomorrow as our rally has been cancelled (mass fire where it was due to take place) i will come over and say hello at the hill climb providing the boat is running

tim

wardy18

great to see you yesterday mate, I now remember the face from the karting days many years ago! is good to talk technical to a fellow 205 nerd and not just blind some poor sole with Peugeot engine terms!

Oh and I got my 34 second run that I was determined to get, the first ever front wheel drive car to get a 34s run up La Val de Terres, with the new head and a proper tune up I took a quarter of a second off my pb! Down to 34.90 seconds

Big thanks to Sutol for taking the time to coach me properly on ignition timing and thanks to everyone else for their help and advice! I wouldn't be anywhere without this forum!

Tim, next time you over you can take the pug out for a spin and see what you think

sutol
Oh and I got my 34 second run that I was determined to get, the first ever front wheel drive car to get a 34s run up La Val de Terres, with the new head and a proper tune up I took a quarter of a second off my pb! Down to 34.90 seconds

Big thanks to Sutol for taking the time to coach me properly on ignition timing and thanks to everyone else for their help and advice! I wouldn't be anywhere without this forum!

Congrats mate, very well done.

Now you know what you're doing you can begin to fine tune that engine and squeeze every last ounce of power out of it, glad you got a result this weekend, keep at it and dont tell anyone our little secrets :)

Pete

jerseypug
great to see you yesterday mate, I now remember the face from the karting days many years ago! is good to talk technical to a fellow 205 nerd and not just blind some poor sole with Peugeot engine terms!

Tim, next time you over you can take the pug out for a spin and see what you think

It was only £25 return so i will be back again. you were flying in that car, you ever thought about bringing it over to jersey for our hill? well done for the 34 second run. giant killer!

wardy18

I was planning to for your 31st aug hill but funds ran out as I decided we needed a week in majorca more :)

Next year definitely though, your hill will suit my car great as its got so much low end power and stupid amounts of grip now! Think the guernsey boys stay in a place 5 mins from bouley bay and very private parking so safe too!

I assume I get a guest membership to your club so I can run? What's you entry fees etc?

jerseypug
I was planning to for your 31st aug hill but funds ran out as I decided we needed a week in majorca more :)

Next year definitely though, your hill will suit my car great as its got so much low end power and stupid amounts of grip now! Think the guernsey boys stay in a place 5 mins from bouley bay and very private parking so safe too!

I assume I get a guest membership to your club so I can run? What's you entry fees etc?

there is a hotel called Les Charrieres 01534 481480 who have a secure large parking area, indoor pool, bar, gym and tennis court. he is doing a deal for £99 with a hire car for 3 days if you let him know it is for motorsport, hill entries are £40 http://www.jerseymotorsport.com pretty sure your membership will be ok.

your hill is about 10 seconds quicker than ours. if you get a 44 second run it will be the same sort of times i was doing in the 125 gearbox kart which was fast enough for the top ten run off.

Sign in to follow this