• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Can Someone Check My Datalog

pugpete1108

i'm in the process of tuning my ms engine (cant go too far as i cant pull it out of the garage yet)

it seems to idle ok until it warms up then it runs really rich and the afr is all over the place.

seeing as i am just starting out with the tuning i was wondering if anyone could give me some pointer on where to start and what to be aiming for.

i have enclose a log if you want to check it out?

pete

log

Tom Fenton

What lambda sensor are you using?

Also it seems to be running at 600-700rpm when hot, this will not help matters, increase the idle speed.

pugpete1108
What lambda sensor are you using?

Also it seems to be running at 600-700rpm when hot, this will not help matters, increase the idle speed.

just a narrow band sensor at the mo

increase the idle speed using the idle screws on the tb's? i take it it needs more air then?

Tom Fenton

Narrow band will tell you naff all as you are now discovering, it is probably mega rich but the narrowband is only telling you that it is the rich side of lambda, not by how much. I use AFR instead of lambda, aim for between 12.5 and 13 : 1 for full power, idle wants to be whatever it is happy at, somewhere between 14 and 15 :1 is usually something like for most engines. However you will need a wideband if you want to do this yourself.

pugpete1108
Narrow band will tell you naff all as you are now discovering, it is probably mega rich but the narrowband is only telling you that it is the rich side of lambda, not by how much. I use AFR instead of lambda, aim for between 12.5 and 13 : 1 for full power, idle wants to be whatever it is happy at, somewhere between 14 and 15 :1 is usually something like for most engines. However you will need a wideband if you want to do this yourself.

sorry for sounding thick but what do you mean use afr instead of lambda?

what sensor would you suggest?

madspikes

This is what I'm using a:

Innovatemotorsports

Its a wideband lambda sensor and controller, it will tell you how rich or lean the engine is running (what AFR). A narrowband sensor will only tell you which side of an AFR of 14.7:1 you are.

Mad. :lol:

wiki Link

Edited by madspikes

M_R_205

another vote for the LC-1 im running one with my emerald and its spot on :)

Tom Fenton

I use the AEM gauge wideband, available from the states for $210 with free shipping at the moment, it basically does what the Innovate LC1 does but with a gauge to go in the car included.

madspikes

I just plug mine into the MS, but it will have a dial / read out when the rest of the car is staying and working together! The controller outputs 0v to 5v depending on the mixture, with 2.5v equal to 14.7:1 AFR.

Ps. I'll have a look at that data log later in this evening.

Mad

madspikes

Just a quick look before bed, been fixing my MS and it took longer than expected!

- Whats the deal with the MAP sensor signal? If the cars idling why is it so high? Do you have the vacuum line connected? I would expect a value of around 30 for idle. A value around 90 is around max load?

Mad. :)

pugpete1108
Just a quick look before bed, been fixing my MS and it took longer than expected!

- Whats the deal with the MAP sensor signal? If the cars idling why is it so high? Do you have the vacuum line connected? I would expect a value of around 30 for idle. A value around 90 is around max load?

Mad. :ph34r:

the map is high i would guess because of the itb's.

the vacuum line is tapped off all four bodies but i suppose its not giving a stable map, i may well try using alpha-n and see how i get on.