• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PaulJLLD

Seam Sealer/tiger Seal

PaulJLLD

Hi

Finish seam welding the under side of my car now and will be getting it sandblasted to take off any rusty bits off soon then sprayed with etch primer, should i go around sealing all the seams up before or after i have sprayed it with etch primer?

Thanks Paul

boombang

I'd have thought it was important to seal the paint before putting on any sealer - sealer could trap moisture in now or in the future and cause monster rust.

On my car I cut out, sanded back, and treated anything rusty, then primed, painted and undersealed.

MerlinGTI

Etch then seam sealer it :mellow:

DamirGTI

Me thinks that the acid based etching primer underneath the seam sealer is likely to cause lifting of the seam sealer :mellow: id use epoxy primer or zinc rich primer on all areas where the seam sealer will be applied on top .. anyway , what ever you do , try to avoid sealing surfaces of bare metal with the seam sealer (OE , factory , method is applying seam sealer on top of the base -> e-coat )

Damir :P

PaulJLLD
Me thinks that the acid based etching primer underneath the seam sealer is likely to cause lifting of the seam sealer :ph34r: id use epoxy primer or zinc rich primer on all areas where the seam sealer will be applied on top .. anyway , what ever you do , try to avoid sealing surfaces of bare metal with the seam sealer (OE , factory , method is applying seam sealer on top of the base -> e-coat )

Damir :)

O.k il etch it then gp from there, thanks guys