• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Engine Mounts (standard)

Jer309GTi

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some standard engine mounts for my XS? All the motor factors round by me say they don't stock them

swordfish210

If the motorfactors don't have them i'd say you'll be stuck with buying them from the stealers.

Edited by swordfish210

Jer309GTi

Thats what I was thinking ;) Just wondered if there was anywhere on tinternet that sold them.

Daviewonder
Does anyone know where I can get hold of some standard engine mounts for my XS? All the motor factors round by me say they don't stock them

They may not stock them but they should still be able to get them from their suppliers, probably just being lazy!

Are the xs ones the same as all base model ones?

swordfish210

Not that i'm aware of, however.............................

Do the motorfactors not do GTI engine mounts as the top mount and gearbox mounts are the same, it's only the lower one that is different (slightly smaller diameter)

Daviewonder

so would the lower one be the same on the 106?

one-lady-owner

When I did the mounts on my xs I just went straighj the the stealers, as far as i remember they weren't too horrific on price and you do know they are OE spec and quality, I know those light xs engines like to pull on the mounts a bit when you floor it!

miamichris

I got a new top mount and buffers from Peugeot the other week for my xs, around £40 for them I think.

I can recommend the TI Motorsport poly lower engine mount, well worth the £30! On tight corners the xs was jumping out of second and making strange clunks over bumps and the bush cured both those problems. Bit more vibrations felt though the car but not really a problem.

...While you're at it, get the track control arm poly bushes too for nice, tight steering again! :P

As you can tell, i'm on a bush replacing mission at the minute on my xs! :mellow:

Jer309GTi

Thanks for the replies :mellow: I'll give Pug a try and see what prices they can come up with

28CRAIG

Top mount is different to gti one it's has a two buffer's connected together with a hole in the middle, there are no holes on an xs shell to bolt the gti mounts on.

Jrod
Top mount is different to gti one it's has a two buffer's connected together with a hole in the middle, there are no holes on an xs shell to bolt the gti mounts on.

Huh?

miamichris
Huh?

Just changed my top mount buffers last week (1990 phase 1.5) and they were the same as gti ones, two seperate buffers held in by a nut onto the threaded stud! unless yours is older or something?

Tandoh

Hmm thats strange i didnt even have to search for the thread i wanted lol.

I was just following the gf home in her rallye and the engine fell out :)

Well not completely but the top mount bolts snapped in half.

I think its cos we have recently put twin 40's on and the engine mount had to be "shortened". Any ideas on whether to get a complete uprated set of mounts or just get the standard parts???

There is a full set of XS mounts on ebay, although they are uprated. Buy it now £109

Clicky

Cheers

Luke

miamichris

*cough* TI motorsport lower poly bush and baker bm the rest! :blush:

Jrod
Just changed my top mount buffers last week (1990 phase 1.5) and they were the same as gti ones, two seperate buffers held in by a nut onto the threaded stud! unless yours is older or something?

Mine was the same as a GTI one, i was questioning the last post.

miamichris

Yeah mate, I was agreeing with you about them being the same as the gti ones but answering the other fella's post, must have quoted yours by accident! B)

Jer309GTi

That sounds like a 405 top mount, the buffers are bonded onto either side of the top mount arm that bolts onto the engine