• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Radio Reception

I've fitted a new stereo in the 205, but on doing so managed to break the gold coloured metal connector on the end of the pink aerial lead. It's been on it's last legs for a while and finally just snapped off - this is the bit that connects into the back of the head unit.

I bought a replacement one from Maplin that screws/clamps on to the end of the pink co-ax lead, but the reception is still a bit crap - certainly not as good as it was before the connector broke. Anyone tried these ones from Maplin, is this the problem?

I enquired with Pug about a new lead, but they don't make them anymore apparently. Any other models use the same lead?

richsmells

It's just a bit of coax. You can probably pull one from a scrapped car but can't imagine there being a problem with the cable. Try soldering the new connector on and make sure the shielding isn't cut too far back. Also check the aerial connection itself (pull out the interior light) as water can get in here and cause corrosion.

Edited by richsmells

damien

the 306 lead is the same, its just abit of a sod running the new wire down the passinger piller