• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnrobertgordon

2.0 16v Xu (s16) Starter Motors.

johnrobertgordon

Hi,

Is the starter motor on the S16 engines different to a standard 205 gti item? I went to fit the correct inlet manifold to an s16 engine today and it would not go on as the bottom of the plastic manifold fouled on the starter soloniod unit which sits on top of the starter. I tried every which way to get it all in but it was not going to happen.

John

James_m

306 one is much smaller and more powerful. Guessing you may have a 205 starter motor on your S16 engine?

Daviewonder
Hi,

Is the starter motor on the S16 engines different to a standard 205 gti item? I went to fit the correct inlet manifold to an s16 engine today and it would not go on as the bottom of the plastic manifold fouled on the starter soloniod unit which sits on top of the starter. I tried every which way to get it all in but it was not going to happen.

John

I know that 205 starters are quite bulky compared to the later starters that they used, im not sure what models the slimmer ones are fitted to though (possibly s16) im sure someone will be along shortly that does :)

see they even beat me to it :)

Edited by Daviewonder

johnrobertgordon

That explains it then. The one thats on it is your common 205 gti item. There was no way the manifold would clear it. Typical too that you only find this out when you have it all in bits.

Sign in to follow this