• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
willmounsey

Not The Normal Starting Problem

willmounsey

Hi all

I'm having a wee bitty trouble with electrics as i know feck all bout them, after I had changed the cambelt due a bolt being stuck in the pully and making a mess i'm now having a starting problem.

Beofre it was working fine (briefly) but now when i connect the battery and turn the key and go to start it the starter motor sticks on, also when i turn it off and go to start it again the starter motor is turning on the second turn of the key (where normally just the dash lights would come on).

I checked the earths in the engine bay and even changed the ignition barrel as I thought that might of been the problem but no joy.

I've tried a search but most of the topics a related to the starter not starting or a clicking noise.

I'm going to have another go tomorow but is there anything else I should check??

Any help is really appreciated as i'm getting rather pissed off with it now (the joy of the 205 :rolleyes: )

Cheers in advance

Will

johny105_y2k

pull the solenoid wire off whilst its doing it. if it stop its a problem with the wire if not then it'll be the starter.

99% sure it'll be the wires

welshpug

sounds like you've connected one of the sender wires to the solenoid by mistake, make sure its a blue wire on there.

willmounsey

johny: Aye i'm nearly sure it is the wiring also just wasn't sure on what to check.

WP: Blue wire to solenoid, i'll check that tomorow.

It was someone else who wired it up for me as i havn't a clue so he could of made that mistake.

Its odd how it worked before fine untill i heard a rattle in the cambelt cover, then after sorting that out this problem arised.

cheers guys

Will

willmounsey

I had a look at the wires today and the blue one is going to the starter solenoid

IMG_0121.jpg

I also noticed this wire had a split in it would this be a part of the problem?

IMG_0122.jpg

whilst im at it whats this wire for? it comes from the coil should it be connected to anything?

IMG_0119-1.jpg

sorry for annoying everyones head with this but any help really is appreciated,

im dying to get this running.

cheers again

Will