• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
A2TheA

The Dreaded Multiplug...

A2TheA

could my spark problem be down to the ecu? Everyrhing is in the right place on the coil, module. There is voltage getting to the coil from the switched live.

What do you reckon on the ecu being useless?

Aaron

pug_ham
ignition switched feed i have taken from the tachy relay which ends up at the coil pack. is this the right pin on the relay i have the swithced live too?

TBH imo this is the wrong way round imo, the wire from the coil plug should be wire #32 which is the switching wire for the relay from the coil.

all the earths are earthed and the live is running ths fuel pump and going to 2a 2b and 2c.

Where else may be a problem?

When you say " the live is running ths fuel pump and going to 2a 2b and 2c" which "live" do you mean?

I think you should have the positive running from the shunt box to both the fuel pump & injection relays (wire #1 & 1A, #1 turns into 18A from the FPR to the ecu pin 18 for its permanent feed), both permamnent all the time with a the injection relay being switched by wire 32 from pin 1 on the coil plug & the ecu switches the fuel pump relay via wire #20c (from pin 20). (

on the 205 loom on the smaller plug where does the thin red wire go? I dont have a wire to match the now known bx loom.

Whats the number on the wire? Maybe the Brown Multiplugs topic (as linked to by sonofsam) will help with what it does but its probably 74A which iirc is the K light although your car was a 1.6 to start with & not many of them had this wire fitted. ;)

could my spark problem be down to the ecu? Everyrhing is in the right place on the coil, module. There is voltage getting to the coil from the switched live.

What do you reckon on the ecu being useless?

Only one wire runs between the ecu & ignition module, although it bridges to two pins on the module plug so I'd be surprised if its the ecu at fault.

What had you been doing when you say "i have also found that my alternator is warm :huh:"?

Graham.