• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
A2TheA

The Dreaded Multiplug...

A2TheA

hi all, my multiplug from my newly installed mi16 has been chopped in places and was wondering if anybody could give me the correct answers as to where they go.

is there a list somebody has of where the multi plug wires go for the mi16 1.9 loom go?

i know the big red wire has been cut along with the fellow smaller yellow wire to the same pin. i havent sourced the yellow wires other end yet but i know for a fact the red wire is not connected to anything! along with the red wire there is a blue wire i believe from the other brown plug.

can anybody tell me where they are supposed to attach to?

Thanks

Aaron

johny105_y2k

offhand no.

but a search will uncover a mine of results

Miles

I really would do away with all that and make a new sensor loom back to the plugs under the dash, Get's rid of any problems you may have

A2TheA

Ok after comparing diagrams and haynes I have found my switched live has been cut, and my fuel pump wire is missing.

Where does the fuel pump wire go to on the mi loom? Its on the 205 in car loom but missing from the mi engine loom.

Help

Aaron

Edited by A2TheA

welshpug

should come from one of the two relays.

A2TheA

ok from the top...

this is my 9 pin plug

post-10501-1251809501.jpg

from left to right.

thick red wire - starter motor solenoid

grey - coil pack

white - ???

purple - reverse or nothing. cant remember which.

brown - reverse or nothing

red - oil pressure#

yellow - nothing

blue - nothing

blue - nothing

post-10501-1251809612.jpg

left to right also

blue - coil pack the yellow wire on the coil plug.

grey - coil pack different pin on coil plug

earth - alternator

black wire begind the blue crimp - tachy relay arrowed to the pin its conencted to.

post-10501-1251810534_thumb.jpg

is this the correct relay pin to connect to? i used the 405 wiring diagram in the haynes to find it.

post-10501-1251810668.jpg

and where does this one go? it comes from the loom which the relay wires come from?

Aaron

A2TheA

ok we can eliminate pretty much everything i have just said. SORRY!

im nearly there with this now. swapped and changed wires around. i now have fuel :) but no/little spark B)

im doing the old spark plug in the king lead trick but not getting a spark everytime. if i turn the ignition on and off pretty fast i get 1 spark. if i keep it cranking over for more than a second (i guess) there are no sparks...

also the car wants to crank over on the second stage of ignition rather than the final third position of the key. if i take the key to position three there is nothing but dash lights. i know this means the starter may have a funny connection some where but where should i be looking?

can someone shine some light on these please.

Thanks

Aaron

dcc

Stu had this problem, turned out to be his CPS in the wrong plug!

Goliath

sounds like your switched live and starter wire needs swapping round, quite a common issue as the slot they were put in varied a little over the years.

A2TheA
sounds like your switched live and starter wire needs swapping round, quite a common issue as the slot they were put in varied a little over the years.

ill have a go with that one george. thanks. the coolant level, coolant temp and coolant warning light, can some body please tell me where each of these are located?

they are all very similar and i dont want to get them mixed up again.

Thanks

Aaron

welshpug

if they are the original plugs and senders the coolant temp gauge+switch are colour coded, one plug is red the other yellow iirc. coolant level is in the reservoir

24seven

I had exactly the same problem with mine. The engine cranked over, fired maybe once if I was lucky, then did nothing. I had a permanent live straight to the battery for a while just so I could get the engine to turn over when it first went in the car, then was seemingly baffled when taking the key out didn't stop the engine running! <_<:lol:

A2TheA

fixed the cranking problem. thanks george.

i have just tested my coil on another 205 and its fine, the ignition module i have just changed today so now im thinking that the problem must lye in the wiring somewher?

but what the hell could it be? honestly im running out of idea's

Thanks

Aaron

A2TheA

i have also found that my alternator is warm <_<

pug_ham

Aaron, have you got an ignition switched feed to the correct pin of the coil plug & has the ignition module got an earth?

What car is your wiring loom from?

Graham.

A2TheA

the loom i bought from forum member 'notamondayfan' it was supllied with an ecu also. pass on which car its from.

the earth i could make a bit better if im honest.

ignition switched feed i have taken from the tachy relay which ends up at the coil pack. is this the right pin on the relay i have the swithced live too?

and where is the best place to put the earth from the brown multiplug?

Aaron

Edited by A2TheA

pug_ham

You shouldn't need to take the ignition switched feed from the tachy relay plug, just directly from the brown plugs under your dash (coil wire # 2A iirc).

Has the igntion module plug got a seperate ring terminal out of the plug? If it has, this is an earth & has to be bolted to the chassis for you to get a spark. (also means its a BX loom iirc).

I never changed the earth from the brown multiplug, engine loom earths to the gearbox stud & thats was fine but I can't see an earth wire in your brown plugs pictured above. They are a bit small though.

Graham.

A2TheA

well if its a bx loom do i need to change anything else?

pug_ham
well if its a bx loom do i need to change anything else?

You don't need to change anything, just find the wires you need & join them into the 205 loom.

The coil feed wire from your 205 should be connected to the wire which goes to pin 3 on the coil plug iirc.

Graham.

A2TheA

all the earths are earthed and the live is running ths fuel pump and going to 2a 2b and 2c.

Where else may be a problem?

A2TheA

on the 205 loom on the smaller plug where does the thin red wire go? I dont have a wire to match the now known bx loom.