• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dale205mills

Original Cassette Deck For A 1989 205 1.9 Gti

dale205mills

I am looking for some photos or info to tell me if I have found the right philips stereo for my 205 gti, now I no alot of people will say its ment to be a clarion stereo but they went in the later ones and philips went in the early ones, now I have got sporting 205's, peugeot 205 gti the enthusiasts companion,improve and modify peugeot 205 and they have got no clear photos. I will post some pictures and all comments will be a great help

philipsstereo1.jpg

philipsstereo2.jpg

philipsstereo3.jpg

phillipsstereo4.jpg

phillipsstereo5.jpg

phillipsstereo6.jpg

Miles

Nope thats not the one, Could have been a period upgrade thou

I'll have to dig thru all my books of the time

dale205mills

Your ment to tell me its the right one Miles :)

Well I am getting closer to finding one and this one is the first ever philips one I have found in a 205, I will keep looking

Henry Yorke

That was an option on an 1988 205 GTI though according to a French brochure

jeremy

If youare looking to find the original Philips type then can I suggest you do not limit yourself just to the 205 in the Peugeot range. My Dad had an E plate 505GTDT from new and the radio that came in that was a higher spec than the one in the photo and I am pretty sure it was also fitted in some 205s.

dale205mills

Finding a 205 is hard enough theses days let alone a 505, I havent seen one in meny years but thanks for the input and I will keep looking.

Henry Yorke

I saw a 505 GTI Estate the other day!

jdb1964
I saw a 505 GTI Estate the other day!

perfect tow car - now all you need is a trailer and a rally slag to put on it to complete the rally set up !!!

Richie

I had a philips one in my last 205 gti, didn't look like that though. I'll see if i can find it in my garage actually and take a pic.

mr_exe

The Philips that was fitted to the first GTi (a C reg) I owned had a digital tuner rather than analogue

Edited by mr_exe

shalmaneser

When i bought my g reg there was a clarion fitted, although it's phase 1.5. Digital tuner baby!

manual calls it a 'Clarion PU-9318A-A' if that's any help...

Richie

I looked for my philips one but i must have sold it on my last 205. Only one i could find was a similar clarion one.

It was a cassette digital tuner thing, some of the letters had fallen off so instead of saying philips it said phil.