• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

Faulty Lcd Touch Screen

Rob Turbo

I got a dvd headunit off a mate last night, he said it was working fine then one day the display went off, it turned out it didn't actually go off, it's just gone very dark, as if the backlight wasn't on.

I've opened it up and had a poke around, all seems ok inside, if you tilt the screen you can see it, and get into the menu ect but the main problem is the touch screen doesn't work properly, so you can't alter most of the settings. When you tap/press the screen it beeps, so it know's it's being pressed, but the beep is a "no button there" type of beep, but you can press the buttons along the top of the screen by pressing the bottom of the screen! for example, to press a button in the top right of the screen you have to press the bottom right, it's not inverted either, it doesn't work the other way around.

Can the touch screens be repaired or recalibrated or something? Or should I just use it as a radio/cd player? I didn't really want a dvd player, but thought it would go well in my dad's motorhome!

Thanks,

Rob