• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
one-lady-owner

Driving Lights

Tesstuff
the cheap ones don't fit though....

The cheap ones fit my car perfectly. It is just the rusty colour that has appeared inside the lense that is the problem.

welshpug

how do you get them aimed properly?

seen several sets fitted, you just can't get to aim high enough to be of any use because the back of them is too big, they just point at the floor a few feet in front of the car, even shorter than a correctly set foglamp, let alone a driving lamp.

cRaig

I bought a pair from GSF about a year ago, very impressed with them, no signs of rust on the frames etc. If only they were hedge proof :).. got to buy a another set now :( But I dont think i'll scrimp, will get some more Siem ones if they still do them.

SurGie

I don't really understand why OP metal bits cant have them made in stainless steel, surely chromium don't cost that much ?

I can see that making them weaker means they sell more of them, for the price of OE i think they should be much longer lasting

like the front headlights do, say 5 years or 25 k miles worth.

Miles

Are you fitting the complete unit then WP?

I only fit the len's in the old housing, saves time and I just bin the Denji back's when I;ve been supplied them

welshpug

not personally no, just tried to adjust a few, the ones on my car are complete o.e type ones.

that makes sense as the lens and surround looks right just the backing isn't right.

davev

slightly off topic here.

but does anyone know if its only the siem/hella ones that have the big bolt on the back that mounts through the bumper? i only ask as the cheap ones on egay have a farty little mounting kit that looks like would drop off befoe the lens had a chance to rust. :angry:

p.s. gsf also quoted me a silly price for them even though the site says £28. i may have to pop in with their catalog.

welshpug

just order them through the website then :angry:

all the Denji ones I've seen have an M8 stud, the Siem ones are 10mm or 12mm fine thread iirc

hexhamstu

Do GSF do yellow ones? some tit reversed into my car and I need to get a quote for a new bumper and new driving lights.

weejp
You might as well buy the cheap ones. This is what my genuine SEIM/Bosch ones look like after a year and a half:

DSCN1325.jpg

Same as my Siem although strangely only 1 of them has corroded. Took it off rubbed it down and coated it with black hammerite you'd never know there was any problem now.

You simply can't beat the originals in my opinion.