• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
one-lady-owner

Driving Lights

one-lady-owner

Are these still available?? I know they've been advertised on the main website for months and months listed as 'limited stock' so are they still there or are they sold out and the website just out of date??

If they are still available I want a pair!!! My old rusty ones are getting on my nerves!!

Tesstuff

That advert is from the same chap that is on eBay , located in Melton Mowbray , Leicestershire.

Search eBay for item number 310157979681 and you will find him.

welshpug

ahhh the good old denji ones that just don't bloody fit properly and rust away soo quickly.

one-lady-owner

So not recommended then........

Anywhere else I can get them from that you would recommend?

jimistdt

GSF do OE ones, at least they did a couple of months back.

DrSarty

I can confirm that the Denji ones rust at an alarming rate.

hexhamstu

Its just that little metal surround that rusts isn't it?

rubyna
Its just that little metal surround that rusts isn't it?

Yes mainly but the insides rust in time aswell.. Gsf stocked the Siems OE ones about a month ago as i enquired

when i was there, not much change from £50 each..

one-lady-owner

That's pretty much pug dealer prices..... hmmm.... I'll have to have a think!

For £70 I might just autofive it and get some OE ones instead..... plan! (that's £70 plus VAT and carriage, I should read things properly before saying things on here..... £85 all in)

Edited by one-lady-owner

Fox

I have some Denji ones, yes they rusted as soon as they saw a bit of salt, but with a coat of hammerite spray they look fine again, you get what you pay for I suppose!

welshpug

Autofive sell denji items, GSF do the o.e ones for £50 a pair, not each...

rubyna
Autofive sell denji items, GSF do the o.e ones for £50 a pair, not each...

The Siem ones in Cardiff GSF were £42.79+ vat last month..

welshpug

bloody hell you got done, they're £28 on the website!

one-lady-owner

autofive also sell pairs of magnetti marelli (siem) for £70 + vat and carriage, or the denji for £55+vat and carriage

miamichris

got a pair of the oe ones from gsf a while back for my miami project, as said they're about 50 quid for the pair, they came in bosch boxes I think!

Edited by miamichris

Miles

There is a set of Siem ones on Ebay, QEP sell them too, Not the QEP in Sussex thou but up North somewhere.

The Beam of the Denji's is horrid too compared to the OE one's

Daviewonder

I heard a rumour that peugeot dont even stock the original ones anymore and that they only stock oversized aftermarket ones. Anyone else heard this?

Last Legend

For a nice unmolested orginal car like yours One Lady Owner go with the OE spec Siem ones from GSF, you'd always look at the front of the car and wish you'd got the 'proper' ones, plus anyone who knows GTIs would look at the non Seim ones and know they were mickey.

mrace2000

Is it the 'T94306 FOG LAMP-COMPLETE 205 GTI 28.50' from the GSF website?

My car had brand new Denjis on when I bought it and within 12 months they were so rusty they looked like they were 50 years old. I replaced the rusty front part with some OE ones from ebay for 7.95 each and wiped off the rusty dribbles from the lenses, but I think I'll get some proper ones ready for when the insides go too... Just want to make sure I'd be ordering the right thing!

Richie

I was a bit reluctant to fork out for the Siem driving lights from Autofive, but now im glad i did. Really good quality and fit perfect obviously. :rolleyes:

welshpug
Is it the 'T94306 FOG LAMP-COMPLETE 205 GTI 28.50' from the GSF website?

My car had brand new Denjis on when I bought it and within 12 months they were so rusty they looked like they were 50 years old. I replaced the rusty front part with some OE ones from ebay for 7.95 each and wiped off the rusty dribbles from the lenses, but I think I'll get some proper ones ready for when the insides go too... Just want to make sure I'd be ordering the right thing!

if you want the FOG lamps yes, if you want SPOT/Driving lamps as the majority of 205 GTI's are specified with its T94912 SPOT LAMP-COMPLETE 205 28.00

mrace2000

Thanks! It confused me with the spots being listed as for the '205' but the fogs as '205 GTI' specifically, hence checking on here! It's the spot lights I'm after.

TurboSam

You might as well buy the cheap ones. This is what my genuine SEIM/Bosch ones look like after a year and a half:

DSCN1325.jpg

welshpug

the cheap ones don't fit though....

Baz

yes they do, i don't ever find anything wrong with them! Had them on a couple of old cars, old Miami Mi for instance, and they still looked good after a couple of years.

But, i have had OE ones in more recent years, and as Sam posted they looked like that after a year or so, so not much difference!