• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Ms Problems?

Mad Professor

Are you feeling the right cly, renamber that peugeot cly1 is flywheel end.

pugpete1108
Are you feeling the right cly, renamber that peugeot cly1 is flywheel end.

yes i am mate

Mad Professor

I can't remember if it was you or someone else said they did not have the VR Sensor (Crank Sensor) mounted in the normal on top of box position.

pugpete1108
I can't remember if it was you or someone else said they did not have the VR Sensor (Crank Sensor) mounted in the normal on top of box position.

yeah that was me, i think thats why everything is not as straight forward as it should be :lol:

i'm going to mark the crank pulley and use the light on it and see when the spark is actually coming so i can get an idea whats going on?

Mad Professor

Yes your trigger settings will be way off.

Do you happen to have a picture of how / where you have mounted your crank sensor.

Also what sensor are you using?

Tom Fenton

Why make things hard, mount the standard sensor in the standard position with the standard flywheel. No way of getting it wrong, and no way anything can ever move.

pugpete1108
Why make things hard, mount the standard sensor in the standard position with the standard flywheel. No way of getting it wrong, and no way anything can ever move.

i appreciate that this would be the correct if not not the easiest method, but i am reluctant to remove the box again and not actually having another box to fit (or the cash to obtain one in fact) its really a last resort for me.

looking at what sandy said (god my memory is bad) the sensor does sit over tooth 20 (or very nearly there) at tdc and i am getting good crank signals too so it must be pretty close but the light showns otherwise?? dont figure.

i thought i had some pics but after trawling through 10 folders i still cant find them, will get some more later and post up

incase i do decide to change the box what one should i go for? i dont want a six box so what are my other options,i have a std gti6 flywheel btw

Edited by pugpete1108

Mad Professor

From memory it's tooth 23 or 24 under the standard crank sensor position with the engine at TDC.

You don't need to change the hole box, just the bell housing, But it still means removing the gearbox.

pugpete1108

right i just sneaked off to the garage as this is starting to really bug me now and my thoughts were right, it is firing at near on 180degs out (hence it firing back out the inlet).

the red mark is tdc cyl 1 and the yellow mark is where its actually firing:

IMG_0024-1.jpg

and here is wher the sensor of mounted (excuse the pics they are off my phone and its getting dark out)

IMG_0027.jpg

pete

welshpug

well if the settings in the ECU are correct, I'd hazard a guess that the plug leads are on wrong.

edit, or that MS thinks No1 is the other end so is firing the wrong coil?

or I'm getting really confused :lol:

Edited by welshpug

pugpete1108

could be , i'm just going by this:

post-7077-1251226155_thumb.jpg

its out of the ms manual

welshpug

bingo! that's the problem I reckon, Ford number them the other way :lol:

pugpete1108
bingo! that's the problem I reckon, Ford number them the other way :lol:

bloody hell, you'd think that on the website selling the ecu's they would have this info correct.

but does ford not have the same firing order just reading from the other end of the block?so 2-3 will still be in the middle?

no matter anyway i'll give it a bash,ooooh i'm quite excited now...wish she fire or wont she :)

welshpug

thinking about it you are right because its wasted spark it still doesn't matter, DOH!

would still confirm they're on correct though.

pugpete1108
thinking about it you are right because its wasted spark it still doesn't matter, DOH!

would still confirm they're on correct though.

its gotta be something to do with the drivers then firing the wrong way round, i suppose swapping the leads would work but not sure how well it would run like that?

i remember before i fried it i had a better responce when i swapped the driver wires over as it nearly fired a couple of times.

drmo

Doesn't wasted spark mean that there is one wasted spark each cicle? So if you put it the wrong way that means that plugs don't fire near tdc but near bdc on the other two cilinders. Or am I wrong? :)

But as you already found out, you are 180° off.