• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

2.0 Mi16 Cams In 1.9 Mi16

woodsy

Hi guys iam selling some 1.9mi16 cams at moment and the guy has asked for the numbers of them as he been told some of them fit the

2.0 mi16 motor is this right as i know they have pump on end of one of the cams but would they work.Thanks

DrSarty

The cams themselves are the same IIRC, except that the 2.0 inlet cam has a tang (a metal bit) on one end used to make the ignition timing system work in a different way to the 1.9 Mi, which has distributor parts on the end of it.

For a 1.9 engine running a standard distributor, you need to use a 1.9 inlet cam. And the same is true if you need a new inlet cam for a standard 2.0, i.e. you need a 2.0 inlet cam. The exhaust cams are the same though and interchangeable.

You can find the part numbers in here if that's what you want your friend wants to find out:

*here for the 1.9: http://stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/405F/GROUPS.HTM

*and here for the 2.0: http://stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/405N/GROUPS.HTM

It's possible your friend is asking what cam pulley numbers the cams have fitted, and you can tell him that answer just by looking for a 2,3 or 4 stamped into the pulleys on your cams you have for sale.

Edited by DrSarty

Daviewonder

I think the 2.0 inlet cam has a tag to drive a vacuum pump aswell where as the 1.9 doesnt.

petert

To confuse things further, there are two versions of the XU10J4 inlet cam, although both have the pressed on tang for the cylinder reference position:

XU10J4 Inlets:

S16 - end slotted to drive the vacuum pump

2.0 Mi16 - end plain, no vacuum pump

neither will drive an Mi16 distributor

XU10J4 Exhaust

Interchangeable with XU9J4 except it isn't drilled and tapped to accept power steering pulley. Easily done however.

Sign in to follow this