• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
decoc182

309 Sd Cage

decoc182

Dumb question guys, will a 309 SD 6 point bolt in cage fit a 205? Are they similar fitment?

Baz

Probably similar, but different and will need modification i'm sure, so IMO hardly worth it as it'll make the cage possible unsafe, well, will certainly void any certification it may have.

decoc182

Does anyone know the difference. What changes would likely need to be made? I have found a cheap SD for sale you see. I was always under the impression the 205 and 309 shared similar floorpans/chassis. Learn new stuff everyday :)

pug_ham

To start with I expect the 309 cage will be sligtly wider to match the bodyshell so it would need trimming down to fit snugly inside a 205.

Graham.

Rich_p

The 309 has a longer wheelbase too I believe so that means the rear mounting points could be further back.

Baz

The floorpan is actually quite different. Some 309 cages mount to the rear arches, and the sills of 309's are very boxy, protruding into car more-so than a 205, so the cages don't need a box, just a plate to mount them...

There's probably a few more points too...

omega
Does anyone know the difference. What changes would likely need to be made? I have found a cheap SD for sale you see. I was always under the impression the 205 and 309 shared similar floorpans/chassis. Learn new stuff everyday :)

buy the cage if its cheap stick it on the 309 owners forum make some money then buy the correct item