• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jason7579

Soggy Seat Belt

jason7579

Hi all,

I got into my car today and put my seat belt on when I felt a funny damp patch :lol:

No not there but on my shoulder. The seat belt is soaked through. I've done a search and found lots about wet footwells, water in doors, sills, etc. but nothing about wet seat belts. Would it be a safe bet to think that the water is coming in through the rear window? Or would you place your money on elsewhere?

I'll have a better look tonight and start taking the trim off.

If all else fails I might just get it a nice coat to wear in the rain :P

welshpug

lift the seal off the rear quarter window, they sometimes leak in the front corner if the seals shrink, also they often rust in the front bottom corner, you might find that behind the trim panel is full of water.

jason7579

Thanks, will a bit of silicone sealant help? Doing a search on leaks lots of people have said that even new replacement seals have a good chance of being too small as they would have dried out on the shelves.

Got a fun packed weekend ahead of me, I might strip out the interior of the car too see just how much water has got in as I think I have a leak up front too from the windscreen seal. Just hope we get some nice weather so I can have everything out.