• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smokey

Interior Screws/bolts

smokey

Hiya guys

The CTI is having its top coats sprayed this weekend, so the task of putting all the interior back in will start.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me roughly what screw size and bolts etc i will need to put all the dash back together.

I know serive box will tell me the the exact ones, but just wondering if i can get the relevent screws/bolts from somewhere else and cheaper.

Thanks

Oh and will post a rebuild story with pictures soon too :lol:

Edited by smokey

welshpug

did you not keep all the screws when you took it apart?

most of them are just normal self tapping screws or M6 setscrews, unless you have a very good fasteners stockist locally your best bet would be to fin another 205 in a scrapyard, or to go to Peugeot with a list f what you need.

other Peugeots may well use the same fixings too, so that may be an option if you go scrapyard hunting.

paul205mi16

look for any 205's in the scrap yard maybe? Thats what i did.

smokey
did you not keep all the screws when you took it apart?

Lol i would have but i replace my broken phase 1 dash with a new phase 2 dash. The phase 1 dash was missing screws and the phase 2 dash came with non.

I've gone through serive box and have found all the ones i need. Will go and see how much its will cost now.

Thanks guys

Pob
Lol i would have but i replace my broken phase 1 dash with a new phase 2 dash. The phase 1 dash was missing screws and the phase 2 dash came with non.

I've gone through serive box and have found all the ones i need. Will go and see how much its will cost now.

Thanks guys

I bought some self tappers from eBay to sort my dash out eBay link

Dan

smokey
I bought some self tappers from eBay to sort my dash out eBay link

Dan

Ah thanks Pob

Will most probably get some of those!! Went to Peugeot gave them the list of screws and bolts i needed. Just waiting for them to get back to me with the quantities i have to buy. So if i have to buy a silly amount of each item will go with these.

Did you find these were all you needed for the dash? I noticed on service box there are a few places where bolts are needed instead for dash refitting.

Pob
Ah thanks Pob

Will most probably get some of those!! Went to Peugeot gave them the list of screws and bolts i needed. Just waiting for them to get back to me with the quantities i have to buy. So if i have to buy a silly amount of each item will go with these.

Did you find these were all you needed for the dash? I noticed on service box there are a few places where bolts are needed instead for dash refitting.

I think the majority of screws bought from Peugeot come in packs of 20's.... I use to go Ford for self tappers as they always have them in. I'm sure you'll have some bolts kicking around that will do the job, Or that seller sells a big mixed pack of stainless steel nuts and bolts.

They came pretty quick, 2 days from payment to recieving them.

Dan