• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Removing/refitting Windscreen

djinuk

I need a new windscreen for my 205 gti as mine is pitted with welding marks. There is a tidy looking blue 205 diesal in my local scrapyard, my question is how do the windscreens come out, will it be the same as my gti one and how do they fit back in. Any advice appreciated.

gti-si

If your seal is good. Just stanley the seal on the one in the scrappy and it'll lift out. Just cut it for about 5cm then peel it back. Removing yours, get you and a mate passenger and drivers side and use your feet in the top corners and push it out.

Refitting, plenty of info if you have a search. Basically though, fit the seal toi the new windscreen, then use some quite thick string in outside sealing edge, where it seals against the frame on the car, put it in place bottom first, and pull the seal over the lip with the string. Lot's of threads on here that explain it differently