• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
arnold naber

Coil Pack On A Euro Rallye

arnold naber

Hi,

Since i'm not realy a fan of the dizzy on the euro 1.3 rallye i was wondering if some people are running a coilpack on that kind of engine

What parts do you need ? I'mstil running the normale twin webers

Arnold

christopher

I think Sam (when he used to run a Uk Rallye) used a coil pack with twin DCOE's on a TU5 engine.

205Rallee

I'm running a Euro Rallye on Omex 500 ignition only with the original DCOM's. You need the ECU, loom, throttle position sensor, toothed wheel on crank pulley, new ignition leads and mine has a Ford Zetec coil pack. Mine also has a temperature sensor. The coilpack is fitted in the same position as the distributor, but you can put it wherever you want, depending on the length of the leads :P

It does drive a lot more smoothly and pulls very well with the distributorless set up and I've kept all the original wiring etc so it could be converted back to a distributor.

Think it cost about £1000 with the rolling road set up, probably do it a lot cheaper with Megasquirt or Megajolt. If I'd had the cash I'd have converted the Webers and put injectors into the bodies to make it still look original but with better driveability.