• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Gauges Instead Of Stereo

Atari Boy

I want to fit some gauges to my track car, the stereo is long gone and currently I have a planking plate instead.

I plan to put the gauges there instead, I have seen THIS on ebay, which I like the look of, the question is how would it will stay in place? I am not a fan of glue everywhere. My current blanking plate has a rear bracket so it is effectively pulled into place, which works great.

Is this the best method or if not what are other doing and has anyone used such a cover?

Thanks

Jonny

EdCherry

My workings show the 2 1/16th holes are 52.38mm... now would this be standard size for 55m gauges or what? im not sure.

Personally mate id just buy your gauges, buy yourself some more material and save yourself some money as that is bloody expensive.

tagy

I used something like this to mount some gauges in the radio space. I just clips in, but you might want some glue or something to hold it firmly.

The problem I had was with this position you cannot see the gauges at a glance and probobly worse with a helmet, so I moved them up to where the where the air vent was. Like so Using a flat 3x gauge holder from ebay then cut to size. This is a much better position now I can see the gauges quickly.

Only got oil and water temp at the moment but might add oil pressure there also.

My workings show the 2 1/16th holes are 52.38mm... now would this be standard size for 55m gauges or what? im not sure.

52mm is the standard size I think.

All Praise The GTI

can you remember how i done mine jonny?

i just made the same as those with some plastic and a hole cutter. wasnt very neat 1st time im going to redo it soon

nat

Atari Boy
can you remember how i done mine jonny?

i just made the same as those with some plastic and a hole cutter. wasnt very neat 1st time im going to redo it soon

nat

I didn't realise yours was DIY, it looked good. I think I will get the hole cutters out.

welshpug

Hmmm, WHY? they're out of eyesight down there, there's a perfectly good set right in front of you, ok they may not be quite as accurate but they're good enough to tell you something is drastically wrong, and saves you cash :lol:

The only extra one IMO that a 205 would need additionally to the standard ones is a Volt meter.