• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

Cracks At Top Of 'b' Pillar

Daviewonder

Hi all, my 205 has some cracks at the top and bottom of the 'b' pillars, how do i repear these do i weld them maybe from the inside if theres space or i read somewhere that its just because the sealers dried out and cracked so do i just scrape this out and redo it? also if it is just sealer why are there gaps behind it in the first place?

welshpug

just where the seam sealer has dried out and is flexing :)

as for why, ask peugeot :)

Daviewonder

Ah i see, thats easy enough to fix. cheers mate :)

welshpug

yup, same as between the 1/4 panel and the sills at the bottom behind the door :)

Daviewonder

Ok mate cheers, i was worried the shell was cracked! i read somewhere that non sunroof models aren't affected by this problem but it appears they are. :)

Batfink

its a superb urban myth

djinuk

hmm, i was going to get my welded to actually dig this seam sealer out and weld it a few inches to stop it doing it

Miles

Above the Qtr window thou is all part of the roof skim which join's where the rubber is, It's just a pressing in the skin filled with Sealer

djinuk

ahh i see , thanks miles, i always presumed the roof skin was welded across there.. thanks , you saved me unnecessary hassle. Ive always used a brush on seam sealer, for somthing like this do you tend to use it out of a gun?