• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
decoc182

[car_overhaul] 205 Rallye Xu7jp4

decoc182

Here im going to explain my 205 adventure :)

The first time I met this 205 was 2 years ago. In the hands of one my eager mates. After months of abuse he killed the clutch and sold it onto another mate before I got a chance to offer. (lol) He had it for a few months, blew the diff on it and sold it on again. I lost track of this 205 for a year and half until it ended up in the hands of another mate, with a shattered gearbox and tin worm setting in. After weeks of haggling, I managed to get the 205, by swapping an old LG viewety and a pack of smokes for it :)

Here is how it was when I first bought it (excuse the shat photos) :-

n740915724_5525346_8351.jpg

n740915724_5525345_1505.jpg

n740915724_5525347_7528.jpg

I got this in december. It was towed 25 miles on new years day with a rope after having a banging hangover :(

I never really made much progress with it until now, I was finishing off my Masters so the car went on hold. June kicked in, now being single :glare: , no University anymore, some much needed love had to go into it. I had spent the last few months finalising a spec :-

The idea worked around a 106 xsi/ax gti 1400 engine, with be4r gearbox and some heavy top end work and Aftermarket EFI. Bought all the stuff throughout the months leading up to june.

However I have changed my plans now, im going for an XU7JP4 based engine so will need all the help I can get.

Old stuff for sale :- http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=107929

I started work properly today on the car. And have managed to strip it back to almost bare shell.

26072009357.jpg

26072009358.jpg

26072009359.jpg

26072009360.jpg

26072009361.jpg

Note I can only find 3 spots of bad rust. The boot floor corners each side, and a small hole under the inner wing. Not the worst condition 205 I have seen, but needs some welding. Again any advice would be great :)

Today I have bought an XU7JP4 engine from a 306 ph2. Its got 60K miles on it, only cost me £100 with all the bits and XU10J4RS exhaust manifold. Will need as much help as possible getting more OOMPH from it. Think I have a well rounded plan based off Sandy's posts.

Bits I gathered so far :-

Sparco 4 Point cage. Will extend with front bars

Gaz GHA Coilover Kit - needs refurbing

205 GTI Front Subframe

Spare doors,Bonnet and Headlights almost new.

XU7JP4 Engine with GTI6 Manifold

Tomorrows plan :- Remove the rest of the under bonnet gubbins and give bay a steam clean and sand blast ready for welding to commence.

Stay Tuned.....

Paul_13

Proper sleeper stylee :glare:

Keep the XR badge on the back.

'XU7JP4 Engine with GTI6 Manifold' What litre engine is it? Not good with engine codes :(

decoc182
Proper sleeper stylee :(

Keep the XR badge on the back.

'XU7JP4 Engine with GTI6 Manifold' What litre engine is it? Not good with engine codes :)

Ai mate thats the plan :glare: XU7JP4 is the 1.8 16V engine from the 306. Its 112bhp stock, but from what I have read on the forums its got a lot of untapped potential.

Paul_13

Ah I see, get the GTI6 head, inlet/exhaust manifold and I've heard it brings it to life :glare:

decoc182

Didnt get much time to work on the car today before work. Weathers pretty s*itty too. Managed to take the grinder to all the rust spots on the front and in the arches. Then gave them a lick of paint with the trust hammerite :angry: That stuff gets everywhere <_<

27072009363.jpg

27072009364.jpg

27072009365.jpg

Updates :-

Bought 266mm discs pads and callipers from trusty ebay

Im after an arch extension kit too to run my 7.5J wheels (they dont fit in arches!!)

Saw these..anyone got any experience with these? :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-205-ARCHES-N...93%3A1|294%3A50

Will seem weld the bay and subframe tomorrow now :(

Thats it for now.

Adie_89

was this on piston heads not so long ago???

allye

how is it a rallye? Or is this going to be a rally car!?

Nice start by the way.

ali

woo83

hi nice project

had something similar myself (1.1 shell with a roll cage and a 1.9 gti engine on carbs) it was great fun

looks like yours will be quicker too

you going full rally prep? or rallyeee prep. :)

RossD

Well seeing a UK Rallye is simply an XR with some stickers on and no wheeltrims, I think this is as close to a rallye you can get :lol:

Jrod

Seeing as this started life as 1.0 XE... a uk 'rallye' means nothing imo.

205autosolo.jpg

sr.motorsport

This looks a good project, will be checking on progress :)

jonathan205

this is pretty cool, i like it

rallyejames

looking good, any pics of the finished welding in the boot floor?