• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DrSarty

Tandem Mi Engine Build

petert

You'll never get the part fuelling correct if you try to detune GTi6 injectors. My advice is to retain the std. Mi16 injectors and fit an adjustable fuel reg. if necessary. You'd be surprised how much spare fuel is in the standard maps at WOT. If it goes over 13.1:1, then fit the adj. regulator. It won't need much of a tweak. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the 355 ecu doesn't have an O2 sensor. So won't be able to lock back in the mixtures at part throttle.

Edited by petert

DrSarty

Thanks Pete.

And here is more evidence of precisely why a proper, aftermarket, fully adjustable and mappable ECU is desirable in performance tuning.

I include in that those ECUs that are 'crackable' to be remapped. The point is that ability to fine tune the mapping and get ignition and fuelling spot on.

So I will be sending a set of Mi16 injectors off to MadProfessor (on here) to get some more excellent service and have those yellow Bosch babies ready to go.

I will take an adjustable FPR to the rolling road, such that as we power run we can monitor the AFRs and fit and adjust it as necessary. :lol:

Edited by DrSarty

Sign in to follow this