• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

Mi16 Engine Oil

woodsy

Hi guys, iam just wondering what engine oil and grade people are using in their mi16 engines.Heard good things

about miller oils.

welshpug

total 10w40, and Fuchs 10w40 :lol:

Tom Fenton

Millers make good oils in my opinion, we use them in the turbocharged mini revving to 9200rpm and the bearings stand up well.

philfingers

Fuchs Syn Diesel 10w40. It's a full synthetic 10w40 for about £20 for 5l from GSF. Good value, which is good because my GTi6 sump with strenthener plate and PeterT extended pump (no surge seen yet) takes 6.8l of oil (with mocal oil cooler too)

kyepan

I thought the mi took 15-40 semi synthetic according to the Haynes IIRC

I use comma, and change both it and the filter regularly, it's not that expensive so regular changes are not an issue.

Unless its a particularly highly stressed engine, that is tracked or has an exotic rebuild, i would not bother spending lots of money on fancy oil.

j

Edited by kyepan

Cloverleaf

Any 10w40 fully synthetic should be OK

KRISKARRERA

Peugeot's handbook says 15w40 or 10w40.

Where can you get a fully synthetic 10w40? All the synths I see are 5w40 or 0w40.

woodsy

I didnt think you could get synthetic 10/40 as just been said.I used to use magnatec but just tried morris semi synthetic.

DrSarty

QEP's advice to me was choose an oil of the right grade (I'm 10W40 too) and spend the most you can afford.

It seems an odd area to skimp on to me when it's such important stuff.

brumster

Redline 10w40 here, FWIW.

philfingers
Peugeot's handbook says 15w40 or 10w40.

Where can you get a fully synthetic 10w40? All the synths I see are 5w40 or 0w40.

See my post above! Fuchs Synthetic 10w40 is a full syn oil. I was running 10w60 Millers comp oil in the tuned 8v I had before. In the integrale I run a 20w60 Fiat oil developed to older turbo cars. I ran it in the old 8v engine without an oil cooler on road rallies and it held the tickover pressure nicely, unlike your normal thin synthetics,

Phil

woodsy

Thanks guys for replies, i was just curious as when i been giving the mi bit of thrashing and oil is hot the hydraulic tappets

sometimes bit clicky obviously as oil thinned down.I was wondering if a 10/60 maybe better as slightly thicker when hot.

philfingers

are you running the std oil cooler? providing the oil temp is controlled the std spec oil should be ok

woodsy

Just been to halfords to get some paint and noticed they do 5/50 fully syn for track orientated cars.Just curious if the 50 when hot would

help keep hydraulics quieter when hot than a 40grade

ravydavy

I can def recommend the millers cfs 10/60 in your mi. Since I swapped to it I get better oil pressure at Tickover when coming off track. And I don't use an oil cooler. It's good gear.

Sign in to follow this