• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mono

Chassie No Where

mono

hi can someone tell me if the chassie number is stamped on any other part of the body apart from in the engine bay.

im looking too buy a nice 205 with an Mi-16 fitted,but theres rust after eating through a few of the numbers where its stamped.so if i bring it back to ireland it will cause me a lot of grief with customs here. any help appericated

GLPoomobile

I've got the same problem. Nasty rust on the chassis number that has just been painted over. I remember reading ages ago that you should be able to make out the number by holding a mirror underneath, as the rust has probably only attacked the top surface.

philfingers

yep, mine's the same too. Has it got the ally plate with the number on too? OSF wing area

mono
yep, mine's the same too. Has it got the ally plate with the number on too? OSF wing area

ye,its got the ally plate,but customs wont accept it on its own :blush: .really nice mi too.its a black non s/roof on pistonheads

Tom Fenton

Try lightly sanding the area, the number is stamped in so a bit of careful sanding may make it stand out enough to be legible.

mono
Try lightly sanding the area, the number is stamped in so a bit of careful sanding may make it stand out enough to be legible.

i have been speaking with the seller a few times on the phone & he emailed me some pics & just noticed in one ,that there was rust on the numbers.i was going to fly over this sunday to view with the intention of buying & sailing back later sunday,but if the numbers are not stamped on the chassie anywhere else its not worth the risk.

is it a problem to get it stamped somewhere else on the chassie in the uk,or do you have too get it done through the dvla?

Edited by mono

gti_al

I had this and it caused me a lot of grief.

As has been said, just get them to use a mirror to look at the underside.

jeremy

I had to do a pencil/crayon rubbing from the underside to read mine.

mono
I had to do a pencil/crayon rubbing from the underside to read mine.

good idea,thanks for the help ;)

boombang

Cover in Bilt Hamber Deox-Gel overnight. Anything that was rust should be back to metal.

If you then want it to really stand out, mask up area and paint it black. Then next day paint over area in white. Once dry, flat off the top and the white indented bits will show up a treat.

zebedy101

i have a system at work called experion it will check all the details of any car using the registration number and give you the chassis numbers and any history of the car e.t.c i can help you out if your stuck for the vin number and want it pm me with your registration number and i will sort it out monday.

cheers seb

Edited by zebedy101

mono
i have a system at work called experion it will check all the details of any car using the registration number and give you the chassis numbers and any history of the car e.t.c i can help you out if your stuck for the vin number and want it pm me with your registration number and i will sort it out monday.

cheers seb

cheers seb,Pm sent