• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest leejd

Rallye Clutch

Guest leejd

hi just did my first event on the weekend sadly i had to retire with my standerd clutch giving up can i buy a uprated clutch for my box

k reg 1.4 uk rallye

swordfish210

You can buy them. Mardi Gras sell a 3 paddle type clutch but i would strongly recomend that you dont buy one as i've had 2 in the past and they both decintagrated on me within 1500 miles (no competition miles as well) AP also do one, a 4 paddle type.

vickiw106

i have just brought a helix paddle clutchas exactly the same happeened to mine

the cheapest i could find was rally nuts see here

the good thing with the helix type paddle clutch its cheaper to get them redurbed when needed

welshpug

just thinking out aloud, but it might be worth changing to a larger 200mm TU5 (maybe 16v?) flywheel and clutch if its possible, which I think it is, as these seem to take a lot more punishment than the smaller 180mm clutches.

Get it lightened before you fit it though as I'm sure they are a little heavier.

What's the spec of the car though? the stock 75bhp engine shouldn't trouble a standard Valeo item.

Edited by welshpug

Guest leejd

yeah its 75bhp just thought i would upgrade while it needed doing

where you out on the rolling roads sat welsh pug?

swordfish210

Screw that then, save the money as a standard clutch will handle about 110bhp. You could go for a Borg and Beck clutch. Standard type but they're made by AP so you know it's going to be good quality, i have one in my car and it's great.

Guest leejd

the car is a road rally car so its alot of stop start and first gear to pull me round on the handbrake will a standard clutch take this?

swordfish210

It will better than a paddle clutch. Paddle ones are desinged to transmit high power/torque with the aid of a good pressure plate with no slipping. Standard ones are desinged to be slipped a lot as they would on the road.