• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Peetypug

1.9 Mi16 Running 1.9 Loom

Peetypug

I'm buying a 205 with a 1.9 mi fitted.

It's running on the 1.9 gti loom with the dizzy convertor.

Would it run on the 2.0 ltr loom, eg coil packs 3 row ecu etc etc

thanks in advance

:blush:

welshpug

should run fairly well especially compared to the 8 valve stuff, from memory you'd need to fit the 2.0 Inlet cam (for the cam phase tang), thermostat housing (as it has the cam phase sensor in the top of it) and cam cover (to accept the coil packs)

knock sensor if it hasn't got one, and a proper TPS onto the Mi16 throttle body rather than the throttle Switch they use (or a gti6 inlet)

not sure how different the injectors are though, worth checking out.

James_R

Also need to drill and oil drain hole in the side of the head to use the s16 stat housing.

Anthony

Given that it's MAP based, I wouldn't expect the XU10J4 management to adapt the fuelling to suit a smaller XU9J4 engine very well. Probably won't be a million miles off, but between the capacity difference and the different inlet manifold characteristics, it certainly won't be "right"

Given that 1.9 Mi16 management isn't difficult or particularly expensive to get hold of, I'd just source some and use that instead personally.

jackherer

The other way round (1.9 Mi16 management on a 2.0 Mi16) works excellently but that adaptability may well be due to the fact it uses an AFM, as Anthony says the MAP based 2.0 management might not be as flexible.

Peetypug

thanks guys :D

will buy a loom and ecu when i get chance

sideways danny

dont go through the hairpulling exercise of a wiring conversions (IMO) Proper mappable ECU with a proper new loom thankyou please

taylorspug

Hairpulling? Its half a dozen wires maximum to get either a 2l or 1.9 MI loom installed and the engine running. Done many before?

marksorrento205
Hairpulling? Its half a dozen wires maximum to get either a 2l or 1.9 MI loom installed and the engine running. Done many before?

:D

welshpug

the hairpulling is where someone else has done it, there's a problem, and you haven't a clue what or why they've done what to it :D

sideways danny
the hairpulling is where someone else has done it, there's a problem, and you haven't a clue what or why they've done what to it :)

This is true i guess. I just try to avoid all splicing of looms, especially old ones

taylorspug

Tbh its not too bad as long as you are sensible. If a plug looks like its on its last legs its usually best to crimp a new one on/run some fresh wires. But at least everything plugs straight in and will run first turn of the key.

Miles

If you where going to retro fit anything I'd give the GTi6 ECU ago, I know the cam sensor would be a pain but at least you can re-map it with ease

Sign in to follow this