• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-si

What Do People Use...

gti-si

Rob from autofive has just told me he no longer can get hold of the clips from the front arch trim inserts. Anyone used anything in particular to secure them?

Need the clips for the arch as well but that should be easy as you can get to the other side, might grind down some M10 bolts so they slot in and bolt them on

jord294

have you not tried main dealer ?

welshpug

"C" on the diagram in servicebox;

6992 34, HOG RING.

clips for arch trim itself (items 4, 5 and E)

8565 14 MOULDING CLIP

8565 15 SEAL WASHER DIAM 5

6992 98 CRANK CLIP 6X21

none are marked NFP or NLA.

never found Autofive to beat a dealer price on anything yet....

Edited by welshpug

jord294

or (correct me if i'm wrong)

6994.44 which is the full trim kit

welshpug

6994 44 is a "clips bag" for £27.45, but doesnt come up under any parts searches ^_^

gti-si

^_^

I hadn't even CONSIDERED the main dealer. Are Autofive really that bad? I assumed the main dealer would want rediculous money for items like these, perhaps not!

Thanks!

johnsimister
:)

I hadn't even CONSIDERED the main dealer. Are Autofive really that bad? I assumed the main dealer would want rediculous money for items like these, perhaps not!

Thanks!

Never overlook the main dealer. The more we use the dealers, the longer genuine, top-quality parts will continue to be available. Peugeot will stop supplying 205 parts if we don't buy them, and then we'll be at the mercy of aftermarket parts. Some of those are good, many are not. On the whole, you get what you pay for. You can get a discount with a PSOOC membership card.

John

Simes
:ph34r:

Thanks!

You'll be surprised at the items main dealers have. A lot of the clips etc are carried for newer models.......

Paul_13

The trim kit was £70 for a complete kit from Autofive :ph34r:

I may have a few lying around I'll check for you tomorrow when I'm working on the motor

welshpug

crikey thats a bit of a markup! was it the same part number as posted above?

Paul_13

Unsure mate, bought it about 2 years ago.

Is this the trim clip bit you were talking about Si?

p1010001v.th.jpg

GLPoomobile
or (correct me if i'm wrong)

6994.44 which is the full trim kit

So what parts are in the kit?

I'm going to presume that it is all the plastic barbed arch clips, the red trim bumper clips, and the side clips (that slide over the rivets and hold the red inserts on). And I'd presume it doesn't include the metal spring clips for the side trim (the bits that slide over the rivets on the door and rear wing), since everyone has said for a long time that they are no longer available.

lagonda

Not sure if that's he right number for the kit...it looks right! I needed this last September, & went to Peugeot dealer in Mitcham, guy there is very helpful. He had a lot of trouble locating that number....& when he did find it, wasn't convinced it was correct for the GTi/CTi....so I ended up buying the exact parts I needed from Autofive...certainly had all the parts, including the steel spring clips then...at a price, of course!

gti-si

Hmm, I'm going to order them from Peugeot Seperatly I think. I am missing quite a few of the metal spring clips unfortunatly, bit of a bummer, don't want to have to rivet them on.

Paul, missed your post mate, I do need two of those clips if you have them?

Paul_13

I got 2 here that are a bit fudged, but i'll have a hunt around for you later after my eye appointment

gti-si

Cheers Bud.

So, what do people use for the metal spring clips? Or lack of...

GLPoomobile

I'm quite impressed. I've just pulled all my trim off, and although pretty much every arch clip snapped (which is good, as they came off quicker :D ), I didn't break a single bit of trim (I've had the arches snap where the clips slip in to them before, which is a bloody pain), I have all my bumper red insert clips accounted for, all but one of the side trim red insert clips accounted for (and I think I have some spares anyway), and all of my metal spring clips are still there, and apart from a little bit of corrosion on a couple they mostly look brand new :D

So all I need are new plastic barbed clips for the arches.

As for those metal clips, they are really only there to hold the bottom of the trim flush with the door and stop it flapping about. So I suppose you could use some strong adhesive double sided tape, or some dabs of sealant or something.

Paul_13

I've got loads spare lying around, I've sent you a PM Si.

Any of what Si doesnt take your welcome to GLPoo :D

Ryan

Here's a pic of the 6994.44 kit that someone posted a while ago. No idea of the total number of bits in it, and no idea if it's one kit for the whole car or one kit per side (or whatever), but it gives you an idea of the things that are in it.

post-5273-1247588816_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ryan

Paul_13

Right what you after? You got first dibs, i've got more round my mates garage, wont be there till tomorrow, so let me know if you need any more.

p1010013esb.th.jpg

I found one new clip and you can have the other 2 aswell for the front trims:

p1010012t.th.jpg

gti-si

Paul you legend! Right, I'm just off to tesco for tea, I'll sit and make a note of what I need and Re-Pm you and let you know.

Really appreciate that cheers mate

GLPoomobile
Here's a pic of the 6994.44 kit that someone posted a while ago. No idea of the total number of bits in it, and no idea if it's one kit for the whole car or one kit per side (or whatever), but it gives you an idea of the things that are in it.

post-5273-1247588816_thumb.jpg

If everything in that photo is what is in the kit, then I'd gess at it being for one side only. It also looks like there's no bumper trim clips in it either. So for the price of it, that's pretty poor value :D

Hilgie

6994.44 is for ONE side only and does not contain the bumper trim clips (probably because those are front and rear :D)

brumster

FWIW, the red trim kit from Beavers includes these little plastic clips. £7 or thereabouts for the red trim strip and clips. Not sure how that compares to dealer prices/Autofive, but when I'm ordering a bumper from them I tend to just say 'bugger it' and chuck one onto the order :D

Paul_13

Check your PM Si.

If there any other trims clips people need PM me and i'll see what I have