• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Do I Really Need To Laqeur Insides Of Wheels?

pugpete1108

i laqeured the fronts of my wheels some time ago and the bloody stuff has only just dried grrr.

seeing as you cant see the insides of the wheels and i will be flatting the gloss finish of the fronts anyway do i really need to laqeur the insides? or will the paint perish if i dont?

i'm just being lazy really but if you cant see it then whats the point anyway?

welshpug

get faster drying laquer and do them IMO, keeps the inside of the wheel nice and shiny so it easier to clean crud off.

crud = imbalanced wheels

SurGie

You could put some hardener in the lacquer if you use a spray gun.

pugpete1108

i'm using cans so no can on the hardener.

i've had wheels in the past which were shadow chrome and had flat black insides and gloss finish faces and i never had any problems with them,i may well just give it a couple of light coats to seal it up.

you dont think the paint will peel off if i dont? thats all i am really worried about as i doubt the car will actually see much of the road ^_^

Perky

Laquer them and carry them inside your house and whack the heating on, they will dry pretty quick then :D