• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Trumpet Socks: How Bad/good/effective/rubbish Are They...

fast_eddie

Thats a bit nice^^--Sorry off topic but do you have a link to anymore pics?

sideways danny

I don't have anything interesting of that one I'm afraid. The owner was in direct contact with PFC and organising a full shoot last i heard :)

Got this of the engine we put on the stand at Autosport though

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

Edited by sideways danny

Stu

Oooooffffff.... *sex wee*

And its my topic so im allowed to.. :)

sideways danny
Oooooffffff.... *sex wee*

And its my topic so im allowed to.. :D

Quite proud of those 2 :)

Hoping to replicate that standard with my Mi16 build (if it ever happens :( )

Sandy

I've not noticed any difference in performance between them.

engine killer

I have just found one of my sock in very bad worn and torn condition, curious why it happens so often (just about half a year) and why mainly the center part got sucked away? Anything related to the turbulance inside with the trumpet?

By the way, Ihave already ordered a backplace and filter from Jenvey and lost one arm! :(

Edited by engine killer

sideways danny

that looks like it's been dried out by heat from the rad. I can't see any evidence of that being secured to the trumpet (cable tie) how far was it pushed on, and what length are the trumpets?

engine killer
that looks like it's been dried out by heat from the rad. I can't see any evidence of that being secured to the trumpet (cable tie) how far was it pushed on, and what length are the trumpets?

yes, the loosen/fallen bits do look like dried out by heat. but is there any reason only the center bit got fallen first? ;)

don't need the cable tie because the month of the sock has already got stopped by the flange and it still gives about 20mm clearance inside (the most I can arrange because of the radiator is there).

sideways danny

that's way too far on for socks!!!! probably strangling the engine like that. The center will be being sucked in by engine vacuum as it's far too close to the trumpet mouth. you need to get them so they're only just on

engine killer
that's way too far on for socks!!!! probably strangling the engine like that. The center will be being sucked in by engine vacuum as it's far too close to the trumpet mouth. you need to get them so they're only just on

hmmm, seems like the new box type filter and the box type backplate are the right choice! ;)

engine killer

these are what I have bought. can't even slide the latch in due to limited room. will have to place it upside down to see if there is any luck.

Sign in to follow this