• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Engine Bay Relay, Whats It Acctualy For?

M_R_205

First off what is the point of the gren relay loacated on the right hand side of the bulkhead? im busy re fitting the loom to my car and found and un known plug (which after looking in the haynes is supposed to be attached to a resistor, which my car has never had??) any way i disconected the relay and all the lights still work fine, side lights, diped and main beam all as they should....?

Seccondly im also making a new sensor loom as the XS wiring dosnt have oil temp or pressure, now i have wired them up and when i ground the wires the guages spring to life, but at the end of the guage (I.E. to hot) the little red warning light does not iluminate? any ideas on this as im a little stumped

Cheers in advance for any help

Paul.

Flix

Mine has two green relays, one is for the horn.

Not sure about the other.

You need switches for the warning lights, they are seperate to the gauge senders.

Edited by Flix

Anthony

There is no high oil temp light, despite how the gauge appears.

As for the relay, it's for the driving lamps as far as I know. On 1.9's there's a second relay, which is for the air horn.