• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey sprocket

Earthing Blocks Either Side Of Radiator

davey sprocket

Right, made good progress with the car in the last week, welding in inner arches done, front end all rebuilt and its gone through an MOT, so I will tax it and start using it again....

...however, having disturbed the wiring and in particular the two earthing blocks on the front panel either side of the rad, the lights dont want to behave thmselves. Indeed, to get the car through the test, the nice man has crimped one of those blue plastic snap connectors onto one of the headlamp earth wires back to the earthing block. So that will be coming off and I'd like to do something better.

Surely there must be a better way of putting these earths to ground....the standard thing is so flimsy, depending on how much I wiggle it, I can have headlights or indicators (or the sidelight flashing instead of the indicator!?) but very infrequently everything working at the same time!

Can someone recommend a better earthing system or a block from another car, maybe cut the yellow multi connectors off and put a spade connector on each individually??

Edited by davey sprocket

welshpug

chop the current terminals off, strip back to clean wire, fit ring terminals, bolt down with stainless bolt, job jobbed :lol:

davey sprocket
chop the current terminals off, strip back to clean wire, fit ring terminals, bolt down with stainless bolt, job jobbed :lol:

Yep, that has a cartain elegant simplicity to it!!

cor, it'll be like having one of my early 70's minis all over again! :lol:

Cheers WP, hadn't thought of ring terminals.

Edited by davey sprocket