• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dk73

Any Advice For Getting Carpark Dings Out?

dk73

Hi guys,

As above does any one have any tips on how to get carpark dent out of both doors?

Anyone on here tryed the task instead of the dent master guy?

Its just i want to get my car up to scratch and i know alot of gtis have this problem.

All your feedback please on this.

dale205mills

I have got matching dents on both of my doors, just below the lock, where some one used to close the door with there knee. I have had alot of people tell me about the dent master people that they can work magic with tiny dents as it is all about massageing the panel back into shape with out cracking the paint so I would leave it to the pro's and not try yourself as you could have more damage then good. I no new door skins from peugeot are not alot of money. The joys of owning a tin can on wheels, we all love a 205 :lol:

dk73
I have got matching dents on both of my doors, just below the lock, where some one used to close the door with there knee. I have had alot of people tell me about the dent master people that they can work magic with tiny dents as it is all about massageing the panel back into shape with out cracking the paint so I would leave it to the pro's and not try yourself as you could have more damage then good. I no new door skins from peugeot are not alot of money. The joys of owning a tin can on wheels, we all love a 205 :blink:

Ditto, but if anyone on here is in the midlands area and can do this for me would be great,

I know its a long shot but you never know. :lol:

CosKev

Can recommend paintless dent removal,very good and alot cheaper than a bodyshop.

Had a few taken out of my drivers door,the deeper the dent the better they come out.

Do a search for local PDR people,one man bands are prob the cheapest. :D

Greg205

I bought myself a PDR set off e-bay, cost about £50 and came with 2 instructional DVD's, Practised on a mates everydayer, not as hard as you'd think!

SurGie

PDR set,

Well whats the chain and hooks for ?

Do you have to be behind the dent to get it out?

Im not sure how it will work.

Greg205

You position the chain and use the rod through it, it allows you to apply leverage, you also get grommets cause sometimes you have to drill a hole to get access to the panel. Yes, you have to get behind the dent, you start on the outside edge of the dent and gently massage it out. If you go too far and cause a high spot, you use a nylon punch to gently push the high spot back in. This method doesn't work on creases. Like I said, it takes a bit of practice, You also get different rod ends, but I've found the rounded bullet one to be the best, the flat edge ones make it too easy to cause high spots. (the rods also come in handy for all sorts of things! like fixing a dent in my fridge!)

Retro Pug

I had quite a few nasty dings taken out, some however were just to bad to remove completely. Very worthwhile though.