• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jamie1.9

Boot Floor Dents

Jamie1.9

Hello all, I wonder if you could shed any light on the following problem.

I have discovered some strange dents in my boot floor, they're pointing upwards by about 5-10mm as if something has struck the surface from below. The dents are directly in line with the rubber sandwich rear beam mounting/damper mount on both sides! I'm getting worried as these dents are beginning to rust - although I've checked the floor and it's not in a bad condition. I've removed surface rust and coated with Hydrate 80 on the underside.

I can't figure out what's going on here, as;

• I can never hear anything striking the boot floor
  • Beam moves as it should
  • Dampers work correctly
  • There are no weird handling issues

:lol:

Maybe the previous owner been jumping humpback bridges? :blink:

3689189927_55a11703eb.jpg

3689189915_01fa59d23f.jpg

3689189905_4d770bd22c.jpg

hengti

i think that kind of deformation's normal once you start seeing corrosion in thin (load bearing) panels like that. i'd not worry about it personally, but could clean it up and paint on both sides of the panel if you're concerned

Edited by hengti

Jamie1.9

Sounds about right - you're right the metal is very thin. I had to weld a small area near the seam at the back after I poked it too hard with a screwdriver from underneath :mellow:

I have rust paranoia after discovering and fixing the front inner arches / headlight panel :lol: