• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pob

1.9 Throttle Body Pipes

Pob

Hi all,

My 205 has been off the road for sometime and I've forgot which pipe (The ones underneath) on the throttle body goes where.

Thanks,

Dan

Pob
Hi all,

My 205 has been off the road for sometime and I've forgot which pipe (The ones underneath) on the throttle body goes where.

Thanks,

Dan

The pipe for the vac on the dizzy, is this taken from the throttle body? I'm guessing one pipe goes to the thermostat housing and the other goes to the expansion tank?

Thanks,

Dan

pug_ham

How many pipes are on your TB? If you have three underneath, one is spare & the other two are for the cooling pipe from the thermostat housing T & back to the expansion tank.

If you only have two they are cooling.

You'll definately have a vac advance pipe on there somewhere, usually small (2mm dia) & brass coloured to the side of the coolant pipes.

The pipes for the coolant aren't needed, just run the pipe from the thermnostat housing T straight back to the expansion tank.

Graham.

Pob
How many pipes are on your TB? If you have three underneath, one is spare & the other two are for the cooling pipe from the thermostat housing T & back to the expansion tank.

If you only have two they are cooling.

You'll definately have a vac advance pipe on there somewhere, usually small (2mm dia) & brass coloured to the side of the coolant pipes.

The pipes for the coolant aren't needed, just run the pipe from the thermnostat housing T straight back to the expansion tank.

Graham.

Thanks for the reply. What is the reason for coolant going to the throttle body? I have three pipes.... Will any need blocking up if they aren't used? So the pipe from the thermostat housing can go straight back to the expansion tank?

And the dizzy vac goes from the throttle body somewhere to the vac.... so there is a pipe on the throttle body I''ve not seen?

Many thanks,

Dan

Pob
Thanks for the reply. What is the reason for coolant going to the throttle body? I have three pipes.... Will any need blocking up if they aren't used? So the pipe from the thermostat housing can go straight back to the expansion tank?

And the dizzy vac goes from the throttle body somewhere to the vac.... so there is a pipe on the throttle body I''ve not seen?

Many thanks,

Dan

Connected the vac pipe up and connected a pipe from the thermostat T piece to the expansion tank. Finally got it started, runs very lump at idle and clears with a little bit of revs. Possibly ignition timing? Had a split hose of the fuel return but that shouldn't cause any issues, I wouldn't of thought.

Sign in to follow this