• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wildejon

What Tyres Now Eagle F1's Are Unavailable In 15"?

wildejon

Done lots of searching, not found what I need yet tho...

Anyone got any ideas what tyres I should be using now these are unavailable? Purely for road use. Size needs to be 195 50 R15 I guess to match the back (just doing the fronts).

I have tried Toyos and Falkens 452 (albeit on a different car) in the past and both seemed pretty decent but I cannot find anything to suit now.

Are Falken 912's any good? Seems like Miles is a fan, I trust his opinion and will go with them if nothing else comes up (they just have a different pattern so not sure what to make of them really?!)

I have found Toyo PX4...?! Never heard of them before.

AND Yoko Parada Spec - 2.

Thanks!

Jon

Can we get a thread for tyres stuck somewhere? They seem to keep changing what is and isn't available...

Edited by wildejon

jackherer

Who said Eagle F1s were unavailable? Most places seem to be listing them still.

wildejon

Really?! I've called a few and everyone said they are discontinued :(

oli-pug

I've got Falken ZE912s on mine, and i'm very happy with them. Grippy in all conditions and wear well so can't fault them for the money.

Baz

I still find F1's on most sites!

otherwise, tried Mich PE2's? They're awesome, only you'll pay for them... :(

jackherer

They are definitely listed all over the place but I have just heard via someone in the trade that they are to be discontinued, apparently there will be a substitute but who knows what it will be like.

wildejon

Supposedly they are replaced by Goodyear Efficiency Grip...

Rom

Afaik, there being phased out. I bought some a couple of months ago. My Tyre, or Black Circles one or the other.

Shame there not doing the F1 Asymetrical in smaller sizes :(

Cloverleaf

Another vote for Michelin PE2's here....althought pricey - I tried to replace the OE ones on my gf's C2 VTS but the whole country is out of stock with no known date! I think that's just crappy 195/45-16 tho!

Went with Bridgestone Potenza's RE050A in the end, another one of my favourites but in my experience they wear quicker than the Michelins but as they're cheaper it doesn't make much difference in the long run.

one-lady-owner

Any opinions on the Kumho KU31's? Given my recent off I'll probably be looking at replacing at least 2, tread pattern looks good, the last time I used Kumho's was on my 106, they lasted 10k miles, not so good!! (although those 1.1 TU's on little tyres didn't half like to spin up...... :lol: )

EDIT: Just done a quickl search on the number, they may be better known as Ecsta SPT

Edited by one-lady-owner

RossD

I have the KU31's on the 205, they seem fine. Nice and progressive when they do eventally let go and see to wear well.

ORB

I get to drive a lot of cars on different tyres as I sell cars for a living.

My faves are Michelins, they do tend to wear out, but are very grippy.

I find Eagle F1s to be cack in the wet (not what you want on a car that oversteers on lift off!)

Pirellis are poo.

Potenzas grip well and are a nice all rounder tyre.

Toyos are a great tyre.

one-lady-owner

Being the proud owner of a 205 with a full set of 4 Pirelli P6000's and a spare (should I ever feel the need) of an original, factory fitted, Pirelli P600.... I second the notion 'Pirellis are poo.'

chocolate_o_brian

When I bought the Pug last year, it had 4 newish F1's on. They were better than anything I had used previous but wore down quickly, within 12,000 miles on the front.

I did a lot of research as I'm skint and wanted good tyres 1st time. I went with the Uniroyal Rainsport II and honest to god, they're the best tyre I have EVER used on any car. I cannot believe how much grip there is for a midrange tyre in the wet. Better than T1-r's, better than any Michelin I've had, better than the Goodyears etc etc, and the wear is very slow even with this immense grip. Whilst I've got the 205, I'll be sticking to these buggers, for £44 a corner and total confidence - ticks all my boxes ^_^

welshpug

you call 12k miles quickly? ^_^

M@tt

i don't rate the toyo proxies i've got on the front of mine at all, they don't inspire confidence,i much preferred F1's. Infact i intend to swap the f1's on the back to the front this weekend

gti-si

I recently tried some Uniroyal Rainsports 2's. Another vote, awesome tyres.

fast_eddie

Deary me you guys may have just swayed my vote onto Uniroyal RS2's away from proxy R's---37.84 from black circles !!

pug_ham

Toyo T1R's or Falken 912's, £29.40 or £31.20 from Camskills in 195/50R15V.

Graham.

Greg205

I'll have to go with the falken 912's, can be a bit slippy in the wet though. I was relly impressed with them, even put them on my wife's c4 (17") they are a damn good tyre for the money.

fast_eddie

Toyo t1r's on offer at camskills @

GBP 29.40

Its a no brainer for me really-means I can get my car back on the road with some half decent tyres and spend the rest of the money on other bits and bobs for it!

Ordered today!

Gibbo GTI

Eagle F1's are still showing at the following places:

bestbuytyres

mytyres

swordfish210

I've got T1-R's on my 205 and i really dont like them, they seem only average in any condtion except the wet where they are poor at best. I have 912's on my 405 (ok, different car) and they seem very good, loads of grip in the dry and the wet and they were well priced.

feb

As others have said Michelin PE2 sport. So much grip and progressive at the limit, you will love them :)

Alastairh
Toyo T1R's or Falken 912's, £29.40 or £31.20 from Camskills in 195/50R15V.

Graham.

Sod it, cheapish, quick delivery. Ordered!

Al