• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wildejon

Wheel Alignment Places In/near Brighton

wildejon

I really need to get my wheels aligned but as the rear is so low, nowhere will touch it, anyone know of anywhere in my vicinity who might help me out?!

Seems to me that I could just jack the rear up if they need to hang the device on the rear wheel...

welshpug

if its that low at the back you should be considering raising it regardless of being able to get it tracked or not :D

Aside from that, just jacking it up will alter the geometry and alignment, so when you drop it back down it'll still be wrong...

Edited by welshpug

wildejon

I was thinking the same, its not THAT low but too low to get anything above the tyres... The sill sits level though so I figured it was ok.

Is there an optimum? Maybe this needs another thread...

I wasn't sure how much of a difference it would make really, can't picture it properly! Fair point though.

jackherer

It does sound like its too low. The front wishbones should be higher on the inside (subframe end) than the outside (hub end) or at the most they should be horizontal. If they are higher on the outside than the inside its too low and you will suffer from awful bumpsteer as well as not being able to get your wheels aligned.

maxi

HiQ in Burgess Hill. Pop in there and ask for Luke, say Adam sent you mate. Luke knows the crack and will track it no probs. He loves a good 205 mi.

Maxi

wildejon

I ended up at a place in Worthing this morning at 8:30 (sorry Maxi...). They were called Discount Tyres Direct, sounds dodgy but they have done a fantastic job, gresat setup they have there too, immaculate place, its insane!!

Cheers for the input all.

GilesW

I've always used eilte in haywards heath - I'm sure you know of them Maxi. Oh btw - I'm only in Sayers Common. Seems loads of people on hear are around HH/Horsham/Brighton etc. Small world.....

maxi

Sayers Common, I drive through there a lot as I have a good customer in Woodmancote! Havent spotted any gtis over there though.....

Maxi

wildejon

We really should have a proper meet up then, would be handy to know more ppl around here who know 205's ;)