• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-si

Wiring In Gti6 Keypad

gti-si

Right, I've got my engine with the unlocked ECU and a keypad immobiliser. He's sent it with the plug for the immobiliser and about 12 inches of wire as it went behind the dash.

There's 9 wires coming out of the back, I know three go to the ECU, unsure which though and I have no idea where the other 6 wires go?

Anybody wired one of these in before? Would be awesome If I could and it would definitely spare me a few pounds!

TIA

Si

Paul_13

If it's unlocked would you not need to bother with the immobiliser keypad?

Or you thinking along the lines of using it for an alarm type thing

gti-si

My bad. It's LOCKED. Cheers paull haha

Paul_13

I see lol, I would sell you mine but it's locked aswell. Thanks to some arse on the 306 forum, he said it was unlocked. Pack of lies

gti-si

I've got another 'unlocked' ecu sat here aswell from yours truly, shame it's worth FA

Alastairh

You can get them unlocked for £75.

Al

welshpug

I take it you have an ECU from a phase 1 gti6, and the keypad, and the code?

quick search through a few previous multiplug wiring posts gave a few wire numbers;

Yellow 820 -immobiliser ecu

Pink 821 -immobiliser ecu

Beige 822 -immoliliser ecu.

here's a table I found on a thread from 2006 with the ecu pin numbers to go with the wire numbers :lol:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/alan...wiringtable.jpg

also found this early wiring diagram which is for the pre97 gti6 as well I believe http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/meb...e/GTI6pre97.jpg

what are the others you have? should be colours and numbers there somewhere, I think one might go to the OBD plug or diagnostic plug if it has one?

Paul_13

? Don't remember selling you an ECU lol

I've probably confused myself here

gti-si

i didnt mean to write yours truly paul, god knows why I said that, first I have an unlocked ECU I need to unlock then I'm buying ECU's of you without your knowledge, I was going to right from a certain someone, must of got mixed up msn conversations at the time.

I do indeed have the ecu, keypad and code. What you've posted sounds absolutely bang on up to now welshpug, haven't looked yet but |I will when I get in.

Thanks!

rubyna
? Don't remember selling you an ECU lol

I've probably confused myself here

Paul i think we all know who gti-si is on about off the 306forum, atleast he cant trade his s*ite

on here!!!

Luke.. :D

Edited by rubyna

gti-si

Rubyna, he been banned from trading?

Just got this through from the 306 forum

wires 3(820), 4(821) + 14 (822) go to the ecu.

wire 1(B153) is permanent 12v+

wire 5(1031) is ignition controlled 12V+

wire 9(6289) goes to central control module

wire 11(3085) goes to coded anti-start device door circuit diode

wire 13(CC6) is ignition controlled 12V+

wire 15(M820) is earth

Think that just about covers it! So two switched lives, a perm, the earth then the other 3 to the ecu (which I can use welshpugs diagram to negate) , I guess thats a winner

Thanks!

gti-si

pin Right Ive wired this in on the floor to try, got my perm and switched positive connected for the loom

I have then connected the keypad as follows

Pin 1 to batt positive

Pin 5 to batt positive

Pin 13 to batt positive

Pins 3, 4 and 14 to corresponding ECU pins (via wires on the loom)

Pin 15 to ground

When I connect the battery the immobiliser red light comes on a makes a continuos beep and doesnt respond to keypad entry, any ideas?

I've not connected pins 9 or 11 to anything as I don't know what to connect them to? What is the central control module?

welshpug

central locking I would imagine, I know my Brothers DTurbo wouldn't start if I removed the fuse for it :(

gti-si

The fuse for the central locking? How gay haha, what do you suggest? It's flashing intermitantly with just a perm live like it should

jplautomotive
The fuse for the central locking? How gay haha, what do you suggest? It's flashing intermitantly with just a perm live like it should

11 is door pin switch , signal for locking 10 secs after the door open/closed

9 central locking (on 406 they can be set to turn off when unlocking car )

pin 5 is crank feed NOT IGN , that is why it is beepin thats what they do when you turn it over with no code been put in

take that off and it should work

jonny

Edited by jplautomotive

gti-si

Johnny, that's great thanks, just as I thought with pin 5

So to confirm, I don't need to connect pin 9 or 5

Should I ground pin 11 then?

gti-si

UNLOCKED!!!111

After all that, it was wired in right from the 1st instance...I'd just been given the wrong code! The seller wrote it on a piece of paper, sent it with the engine, just text him asking him to confirm the code again and he replied with a slightly different number! Just plugged it back in, punched in the code, green light, unlocked.

Very very happy, saved myself £80 there! Think I'll wire the keypad in somewhere on the 205, maybe replace the clock or somewhere suitable that it will fit. Nothing wrong with added security measures!

Anyway, thanks for the help

Paul_13

Nice one! Persistence paid off.

What on earth did you leave on my thread page? couldn't make sense of it for sh!t

gti-si
Nice one! Persistence paid off.

What on earth did you leave on my thread page? couldn't make sense of it for sh!t

Lmao, I had a couple of mates round, I wrote my reply, left the laptop, Ross decided to edit it, completely forgot about that! That's what happens when you go on a car forum after a couple of liters of scrumpy

Paul_13
You bunch of turles. Plastic vicar moulding eyebrow cheeked winkle chinks. Holla x.

:D

Edited by paul_xiii

sub205

unlocking the ecu can be done at home, if someone has an identical unlocked ecu you can just read out the eeprom and burn it in the locked one.

maybe its a good idea to collect unlocked ecus and read out eeproms. a eeprom adaptor is easy, only some resistors and a diode, had similar problems with a caraudio headunit some years ago...

Edited by sub205

gti-si

I'm sure it can be done at home but for the most part, people aren't confident enough, and don't have enough information to hand to do that kind of thing. I understand what you mean, but in most cases it's much easier to unlock with the original gubbins or have it done professionally.