• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chesney

Who's Owned Their 205 The Longest?

chesney

Just out of curiosity I wonder who on the forum has had their 205 the longest?

I'm probably not the winner here but can't be too far off at 16 years! Bought it in 1993 with low miles and mint!!! Must be someone that beats that!

It's done 208k miles and hasn't been run on the road since 2002!! Hope to change that this summer if I get the chance to put it all back together :angry:

205turbo

i bought my Turbo Technics in 1992, its been off the road for about 5 years and will be coming back on the road this year :angry:

welshpug

I think pug_ham may trump you on the number of years but I don't think he has that many miles, also pretty sure someone on here has a 300k + gti....

woodsy

I had mine 14years if my memory is right.

chesney
I think pug_ham may trump you on the number of years but I don't think he has that many miles, also pretty sure someone on here has a 300k + gti....

I remember doing 50k in one year when the girlfriend lived near London and I was up and down from Glasgow twice a month! Mi16 ran like a dream and gave me 40mpg down the M6. Who knows what it would be at if I hadn't taken it off the road.

Suppose 25 years is going to be the longest anyone could have had one. So 205turbo has pipped me by a year and is the longest so far.......

Simes

9 years until that fat bitch drove into the back of it.

chesney

I think the reason I still have mine is a mix of:

A - I'd spent so much sweat, blood, tears and money on it I couldn't part with it

B - It wasn't worth much so trading it in for the 106 gti I bought back in 2000 would have been criminal so it got garaged!

C - Despite (A) when its running right it's so much fun!

Super Josh

Just over 15 years, it has been my only car during that time. So it has been my daily driver :)

Josh

Jer309GTi

I've had my 205 for one day now, I bought it yesterday, does that count for the shortest time lol?

dcc

Jackman had his 106 quicksilver for a few hours before he wrote it off =D

chesney
Just over 15 years, it has been my only car during that time. So it has been my daily driver :)

Josh

Def the prize for most reliable!

happygoron

Or most flexible working hours and kindest boss for being late so often! :)

Chuckyd

altho hes not a member of the forum i would say my dad hes had his gti 1.9 since new

Simes

Josh - not through failed units, but how many different engine have you had - I know of 3!

SimonJ

Had mine since June 1992. Was a road car for 5 years and then just went downhill from there - rally chase car, road rallys then hillclimbs since 2000. No accidents - musn't be trying hard enough!

fast_eddie

Does my 309 count (hides) I bought it in 1990 with 21000 miles on the clock and it is still sitting on my drive today!!

Ok, its been off the road for 10 year almost and the only bits that are the same are the rear wings half the wiring loom, the gear lever and handbrake lol

Baz

Had around 40 of them across the best part of ten years, that's got to be worth a prize!! :)

1.9er

Nearly 10 and a half years for me.

Ryan_B

My mate has had his 91 Miami blue 1.6 for 12years now. My longest was 2yrs but in the last 8years ive probably had 10 really good examples.

Edited by ctimiblue

damien

got mine in 2000 and she is/was my first "gti" i ever owned

chesney
altho hes not a member of the forum i would say my dad hes had his gti 1.9 since new

A possible winner there! I don't think being a forum member is important as he sounds like a die hard 205 gti fan if he's had it since new. What year did he buy it though?

chesney
Does my 309 count (hides) I bought it in 1990 with 21000 miles on the clock and it is still sitting on my drive today!!

Ok, its been off the road for 10 year almost and the only bits that are the same are the rear wings half the wiring loom, the gear lever and handbrake lol

Hat off to you for probably being the 309 winner, 19 years is some going!!

ALEX

just over 9 years for me, had 97k on the clock now it's got 168k

2 new engines though! and a folder full of recipts I daren't add up!

Edited by ALEX

skeggyrik
just over 9 years for me, had 97k on the clock now it's got 168k

2 new engines though! and a folder full of recipts I daren't add up!

if you did add it it up i'd guess it would still be less £ than you'd have lost on a current hot hatch in 2 years from new.

I've wanted a 205 for 15 years. :wacko:

fast_eddie

I have every bill for everything I have ever spent on my 309...I will add it all up in the next few week and let you know!

Iirc last time I did it it was rather worrying!