• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

That Annoying Starter Problem.

wildejon

Interesting thread, I have the same issues.

Did you ever find a good/cheap place to get the thinner bodied starters new? They seem a bit expensive!!

Thanks

welshpug

scrapyards most likely, loads of PSA stuff out there you could liberate one from, just hope you find a reasonably cheap scrappy !

Saveit

Well i have 7 205's and i never really had to change a starter. Have both big bodied and "normal" starters on them. Had the clicking problem quite a few times but it has always been the wiring. Always sorted it by going the relay route or rewire the original wiring as welshpug says.

rapidcossie

i have a similar prob but I think its the ign barrel.

Saveit

Easy way of checking to see if its the wiring is by taking a piece of wire, connecting it to the starter and just holding it against positive on the battery. If it turns by then youll have some wiring to change. If it doesnt its probably your starter...

johnnyboy666

on a random note, my car sometimes clicks, but ive found it only does it if the heater fan is on, if i turn it off it starts fine. must be quite a lot of effort to run the fan i suppose?

Saveit

Should be able to run both the starter and the fan at the same time...

Simes

Mines just started doing this, although I bought the starter motor new back in 2001.

I suspect it's the starter motor although It's quite random!

Sign in to follow this