• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allanallen

Bucket Seat Side Mounts

allanallen

hi all, I'm just in the proccess of fitting lower seat mounts in my 309. I've got 1" square tube welded into the car and i'm just mounting the seats in. Now, with the side mounts attached to the seats with the 'L' bit pointing outwards (as per all other fittments ive seen), in fact heres a pic pinched off garrys thread showing the mount pointing outwards

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/sup...rs/SSL21531.jpg

The problem is that like this the steering wheel is off centre in my car, if however I flip the mounts round so the L piece points inwards I can move the seat further into the centre of the car and get the steering wheel back in the middle :D

My question is, Is this ok/safe? I cant see any problems with it other than the fact that the bolts will be a bit of a faff to get in. Your thoughts please gents. cheers al

welshpug

always thought they were meant to be fitted inwards? most wont fit the other way round, there's no reason why you couldn't fit them that way, might just be a bit fiddly to fix them down.

also depends where you've got your tabs fitted to the 1" bar (or drilled holes) if you've got that far.

Edited by welshpug

allanallen
always thought they were meant to be fitted inwards? most wont fit the other way round, there's no reason why you couldn't fit them that way, might just be a bit fiddly to fix them down.

also depends where you've got your tabs fitted to the 1" bar (or drilled holes) if you've got that far.

Fair play, all the ones ive seen seem to point outwards. musn't be looking hard enough :D

I've not drilled the holes yet so its all gravy really.

EdCherry

Never seen them fitted inwards like you want to do, always been the other way, I mean why do companys put their logo on one side where its not gonna be seen otherwise?

allanallen
Never seen them fitted inwards like you want to do, always been the other way, I mean why do companys put their logo on one side where its not gonna be seen otherwise?

actually, now you mention it mine (OMP) have got logos on both sides.

EdCherry

Really? Havn't seen that before. It depends on how low you sit your seat on the mounts I guess as mine protrudes down and the brackets wouldn't fit on the opposite way.

iamjackiechan

i have mounted mine pointing inwards for the same reason of being able to have the seat inwards more.

fits fine, not to fiddly and i see no problems with doing it like this.

holds the seat just the same.

will

Rich_p

Mine face inwards on the 309.