• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tombo

205 Mi16 Help Urgently Required

tombo

hello i recently purchased a 205 mi16 which although was cheap at a grand, i went to take a look. managed to beat the guy down to 600 and took it off his hands. all oil pressure etc looked fine, wasnt getting hot running great.

in all honesty is was a bit rough but something i could have sorted out with ease. once i got within 2 miles from home i decided to give it some beans and then bang she blew up.

for the past week i have been changing the engine, all be it, tidying it up as i put it in. it has a few problems at the moment and i need some help.

1. the passenger front indicators wont work now, neither will the horn or sidelight. - im going to check the earths tomorrow as i did paint the engine bay while it was empty and after an hour away from the car am hoping this is just a school boy error. does anyone know what else could cause this if not earth?

2. can someone show me a pic of there L-shaped power box (not sure what its really called) as im unsure if ive plugged in the connections correctly.

many thanks

tom

welshpug

1, quite likely to be the earth point behind the nearside headlamp, yellow connectors.

2, as far as I know, they'll only plug in in one slot.

dcc

Mei, you obviously didnt see how george pugged the relay in on the v6!

but i dont think it makes a huge difference

welshpug

he plugged the fan system plug in for some reason, that wasn't a shuntbox plug.....

tombo

after playing with the earths, rubbing the earth point to bare metal. this still hasnt cured the problem. like my project mentions the car was running and all indicators, lights were working fine prior to removal of old engine.

does anyone know what could cause this as im going out of my mind with it lol

jas-E
after playing with the earths, rubbing the earth point to bare metal. this still hasnt cured the problem. like my project mentions the car was running and all indicators, lights were working fine prior to removal of old engine.

does anyone know what could cause this as im going out of my mind with it lol

I had the same problem aswell mate and it turned out to be the yellow switch behind the driver side headlight as welshpug suggested. Other than that check your stalk as it seems all the functions on one stalk are playing up.

tombo

right ok, i have now managed to get the sidelights working, this turned out to be a broken wire going into the sidelight bulb connection which has now been replaced and now working correctly.

i am still having issues with my wing indicator and indicator next to the headlight on the passenger side of the car. im struggling to see what is wrong, i have spent a few hours trying to find a break in the wire, but im considering that it must be something else?????

i have two green relays in the top corner of my engine bay which the loom is connected too. does anyone else have these? and if so could these be whats causing the problem?

thanks

tom

tombo

bump???

Spiky

still sounds like an earth

the green relays are for the horn and the dim dip for the headlight

lfallgti

Is/was this car a black 1.6 on a g plate. g901 ***. Only reason i say it, is that i had one which i sold a few months back as a project and it had all the same symptoms. I think it went yorkshire way. If it is the car its had a new dash loom and has some very dodgy looking connections in it. long shot i know, but i'm curious.

Sign in to follow this