• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

Custom Driveshafts

kate205gti

can anyone recommend a good place to get custom driveshafts made up please? for v6 conversion, got the measurements but needs to be straight (obviously!) and shortened <_<

cheers :lol:

Edited by kate205gti

davepug205

Colin Satchell did mine as part of the wide track front end.

Well recomended top guy, although I still need to build mine up :blush::lol:

DrSarty

You're looking around £250 BTW Kitty. That's from Colin, and I reckon it's worth every penny. My recent GKN driveshafts from GSF without exchange were £180 delivered. This strikes me as great value for durability and peace of mind. Buy cheap - buy twice!

I gather you're hooked now on the V6 idea so best of luck to ya.

Goliath

Paul will be making me some, I will ask him to do some extra's as I have several sets of v6 and 306 shafts now :blush:

foreigner

why don't you tried place in Luton , forgot the name but they in every good mag and they are in Chase Street in Luton.

thirdtimelucky

I dont mind making them Kate, If you just want them welded like George's. I was going to get George to bring a set of 306 and v6 shafts to pugfest, so I can take them home and knock up some spigots that can be pressed into the shafts to keep them strait for welding.

kate205gti

ooh :D :D that would be cool :D would pay u for doing them obviously ;) can you cut them as well? :lol: add me to msn if u got it and i'll bug u on there :D (i make it sound so appealing!) kittykato69@hotmail.com ;)

Baz
why don't you tried place in Luton , forgot the name but they in every good mag and they are in Chase Street in Luton.

Recoprop.

SurGie
You're looking around £250 BTW Kitty. That's from Colin, and I reckon it's worth every penny. My recent GKN drive shafts from GSF without exchange were £180 delivered. This strikes me as great value for durability and peace of mind. Buy cheap - buy twice!

Sorry to bump your thread but,

The GKN ones you got from GSF, do they come in 309 GTi form, as i'll be having the 309 arms

for the wider track. Also what actual difference are these to just having a set of recon ones ?

Can anyone recommend a place around the midlands that do reconditioning of 309 drive shafts ?

Cheers

Baz
You're looking around £250 BTW Kitty. That's from Colin, and I reckon it's worth every penny. My recent GKN driveshafts from GSF without exchange were £180 delivered. This strikes me as great value for durability and peace of mind. Buy cheap - buy twice!

yes but i presume you have to supply Colin with something in decent order (ie. 205 and 306/406 shafts) in the first place?

Edited by Baz