• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mickie

Wiring Woes

mickie

could anyone identify these wires/plugs please

been searching a lot and found mainly everything i need to know about the engine loom bar a couple of things

would the green/yellow be earth ? not sure of black wire

th_IMG_2284.jpg

is this one for the radiator thermostat ? im not sure as this connection is wrong for whats on the rad

th_IMG_2281.jpg

the 2 little wires i think are horn, red plug and yellow plugs i have no idea, 2 on nearside and 1 on offside

th_IMG_2280.jpg

th_IMG_2279.jpg

i may add to this later when i look over interior loom, when i took the loom out the car i took pictures of everything but the harddrive is now toast, i'll not be doing that again

cheers

Edited by mickie

Tom Fenton

Plug is for rad fan switch, it is the earlier pre-90 type switch you need to match it.

The yellow plugs are for earths, plug into the earth blocks on the headlamp panels either side.

mickie

so first pic is earth ? and i think the black one is for the low brake level sensor after thinking back 2 yr

2nd pic, does plug into the radiator then ? i just need a matching switch ?

cheers, for the last pics, i think im missing the earth blocks then and that red connection i think is for a second radiator fan after searching more

im getting there :blink:

M_R_205

i think th black plug on the first pic goes to the strut top earth, the brake fluid wiries are attached to the bit of loom that connects to the wiper motor,

mickie

interior loom this time

i know blue, gray and black plugs are for hazard, heated rear screen and front fogs but i dont know what connects to what

the brown plug and other plugs i have no idea about

th_IMG_2309.jpg

th_IMG_2307.jpg

th_IMG_2306.jpg

th_IMG_2308.jpg

Edited by mickie

CosKev

Brown one in bottom pic is a earth plug,plugs onto steering column area above ignition barrel????

Is brown one in top pic the one that plugs into engine loom?????

mickie

cheers i'll look into that bottom plug

no the 2 engine looms are plugged in, ive worked out the black plug is for hazard switch. bought the switches on ebay so they should be straight forward

it would be cool if i could find a link for how to make a racing loom

CosKev

Brown plug in first pic looks familiar :lol:

Do 205 Gti's have dashboard light dimmer switches in the lower column cover like 309 Gti's do?????