• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Firmware Issues With Megasquirt

pugpete1108

after getting comms i was well chuffed, i knew it wouldn't last.

after setting up my temp sensors using easytherm i tried to send the new files to the ecu and now it refuses to boot, i first got this error message:

Untitled1.jpg

then when i tried to b load megatune i got this:

Untitled-1.jpg

after posting on the ms forum i was told to try and download the firmware again but use the bootloader mode, i tried that and got this:

Untitled3.jpg

christ i never thought it would be this complicated - you need to be a computer geek (no offence to anyone who does inderstand it) to understand any of it.

anyone who fancies giving me a hand setting it up and getting it firing i would be happy to pay for it as i've just had enough tbh

or even help tell me where i'm going wrong??? :)

wracing

pm me ill give you my phone number and ill talk to though using hyper terminal, to long to type instructions!

james

Tom Fenton

Sorry I can't help.

But seeing this makes me even more glad I didn't go down the MegaSquirt route and bought a DTA instead.

billybluesky

hiya dont know if he can help but forum member mad professor seems to have the megasquirt demon tamed i coudn`t suss it out either give him a try

RossD

I've had data corruption problems on my Emerald when using a laptop with a USB\Serial convertor - It just uploads garbage to the ECU. Could be a similar problem here? Are you using USB\Serial convertor and is it properly configured??

Fixed mine by using my really old laptop with a serial port - In my case it's the only way to ensure all the data going into the ECU is going in properly!