• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skanny

12v To Sad Unit

skanny

Guys,

I have put 12V to the 2 terminals on the SAD unit and i did not see the hole begin to close over, is this siomething that i sould see happen fairly quickly or does it take minutes to close over?

Also i have no continuity between the 2 terminals when tested with my multimeter, should there be or not?

Im still looking for a breather pipe diagram and cant find one, anyone got any pointers?

CosKev

Why are you after breather diagram,can't work out where they go??????

pug_ham

Even with 12v to the SAD it takes about five minutes to close a noticable amount. I did this earlier tonight on Rich705's car to test his SAD.

As above, the breathers are pretty self explanatory, they'll only fit well in one place.

This attachment should help though.

Graham.

skanny
Even with 12v to the SAD it takes about five minutes to close a noticable amount. I did this earlier tonight on Rich205's car to test his SAD.

As above, the breathers are pretty self explanatory, they'll only fit well in one place.

This attachment should help though.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, thats exactly what im after, i need it A) to put it back together correctly as im not convinced it was right when i bought the car and :) do i can fax the diagram to my local pug dealer who have no idea what im on about when i tried to order 'the breather / oil filler pipe that comes off the bottom of the black plastic bit you pour the oil into'!!!!!!!!

Thanks again guys.

Kev how is the rebuild going after the bus sideswipe?

Rock Lobster

I too found continuity across my SAD pins yesterday too, is this right?

My injectors have stopped firing and i'm chasing the wires back and found this out!

pug_ham
my local pug dealer who have no idea what im on about when i tried to order 'the breather / oil filler pipe that comes off the bottom of the black plastic bit you pour the oil into'!!!!!!!!

They are £70+ from Peugeot but you can get the silicone version from Stew Baker (stew 205 on here) through Baker BM for £35 before the forum discount (10%).

oil-filler-hose.jpg

Check the List Of All Our Discounters topic for details.

I too found continuity across my SAD pins yesterday too, is this right?

My injectors have stopped firing and i'm chasing the wires back and found this out!

You will get continuity acorss the SAD, the wires are connected inside by a bi-metallic strip that heats up as current passes through & closes the SAD.

When the injectors stop firing it is usually the tachymetric relay that has died imo, black relay next to the ecu under the drivers side of the dash.

Graham.

Rock Lobster

Sorry I wasn't clear, I get continuity across the pins on the plug that goes into the SAD!

I don't mean to hijack this thread by the way!!

My tachy relay still drives the fuel pump so I think its ok, the car just died on me too so somethings gone/shorted. Not good!

skanny

Thanks again for the tip off about the pug stealer prices.

I dont get continuity across the pins for the SAD and i thought i should as its a bimetallic strip thingy.

I also connected 12V to it and it was well over 5 minutes and it did not appear to have moved at all, guess its buggered than, can it be dissmantled and looked at inside? There is a small nut that looks like its holding the casing on but also 3 or 4 of what look like rivets?

Cheers

CosKev
Kev how is the rebuild going after the bus sideswipe?

Ok ta,click the link in my sig if you want a look ;)

The SAD is not serviceable,the nut is some type of adjustment for the flap,but mine has a blob of sealant on that nut so I presume its only for when they are setting them up when new :)

Heres whats inside a SAD,lad on 309 forum has just opened one up :D

http://www.309ownersclub.com/Community/vie...f=32&t=3875

:)

RINRIN

I had some problems with my SAD after I change my wiring harness. Then I tested SAD with 12 V and the small hole gets smaller. I also turned the small nut. Anyway the problem was the ECU.

After I turned the small nut, the SAD acts quicker than before. But still I do not thing that the nut works

lagonda

The nut is just to lock things in place...so you loosen the nut & then move the threaded part in the slot. I found this altered the time until fully closed. I had to move mine to the other end of the slot...but it now starts fine & settles down to a good idle once warm. I sprayed mine heavily with WD40 to clean accumulated crud out (& leave some lubricant), also moving the sliding part gently to help clean as well.

skanny

If there is no continuity between the 2 terminals then surely its kaput isnt it?

Rock Lobster

Sounds like it mate, even if it was full of crap you'd surely get continuity across the strip.

Sign in to follow this